WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
- 10 QS ranking universities are present
- Most Affordable fees
- Post Graduate Workers Program is for 2-3 years
- Avail Scholarship programs starting from 10,000 CAD
- Work 20-40 hours per week while studying
Canada has 10+ QS ranking universities with top rankings. Most Canadian universities provide quality education with affordable fees. The international students studying in Canada also have an opportunity to work using the Post Graduate Workers program for 2 – 3 years while studying. This work permit is based on the study program that you choose.
Post pandemic, Canada has been an emerging tech talent hub, and most the Multi-National Companies (MNCs) are setting up their businesses; some of them have been located in Canada, and many other markets have been nurtured.
A recent study has released a list of the top 10 tech cities in Canada with a score that is based on talent availability, cost competitiveness, and quality of labor with a total score.
|City Names||CBRE score|
|Kitchener – Waterloo, ON||69.9|
|Quebec City, QC||48.4|
Most of the top-level companies are in Canada. Students can get placed in these companies after studying at Canadian universities. Canadian universities provide world-class recognized courses that can get you an outstanding opportunity to work with any MNC worldwide.
The skills that you acquire from magnificent universities and companies to progress and succeed in your career and can build a future. Studying in Canada, building a career, and getting settled in Canada can give you plenty of opportunities.
REASONS TO STUDY IN CANADA
- Canada has some of the best universities in the world with QS rankings of less than 250, like the University of Toronto, McGill University, University of British Columbia, etc., institutions with magnificent academic excellence.
- The demand for choosing Canadian universities is high these days. The top universities in Canada already have famous personalities. Canada offers many world-recognized courses where academic fees are reasonable and affordable for international students.
- Most of the students prefer working during their studies. Most of the Canadian universities offer work while studying like PGWP for 2 – 3 years, which will help you avail yourself scholarships and support financially. This will even help reduce the fees already set by the university campus.
- Most student visas permit students to work while studying and can financially support themselves and their families.
- Students can expect the best quality of life in Canada.
- Best campuses provide livelily and energizing campus life to students, boosting their careers and confidence.
TOP QS RANKING UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA
Canadian universities provide world-class education at feasible costs. Around 10+ to QS-rated US universities. Education in Canadian universities is affordable, and living costs are also feasible.
|GLOBAL RANK||NAME OF UNIVERSITY|
|25||University of Toronto|
|45||University of British Columbia|
|118||University of Alberta|
|119||Université de Montréal|
|166||University of Waterloo|
|246||University of Calgary|
TOP AFFORDABLE UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA
Canada emerged as one of the economically stable and developing countries with global markets serving nations across the world, and it is also considered the ninth-largest economy in the world. These days most international students prefer studying in Canada due variety of courses offered and opportunities they get after their studies. Multiple universities offer global courses which are affordable.
STUDY INTAKES IN CANADA
The study intakes in Canada happen thrice a year. The students must provide the concerned documents and receipt of tuition fees paid during admission. These intakes happen during the winter, summer, and fall seasons.
Canadian colleges and Universities offer three major intakes. They are:
|Name of the Semester||Month|
|Summer Semester||April/May (For Limited Programs and Colleges)|
COURSES OFFERED IN CANADA
The wide variety of courses offered in Canada ranges differently in terms of costs, primarily based on the institutions and the study program that they take up. The annual tuition fees in any university, irrespective of the study program, varies between 7,000 to 20,000 CAD.
|Study Program||Average Annual Fees in CAD|
|Doctoral Program||7,000 – 15,000|
|Master’s Program/Post-Graduate Program||17,000 – 25,000|
|Undergraduate Program||13,000 – 20,000|
A student permit is a document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities that work as permission for international students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without getting a valid study permit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADA STUDENT VISA
- Valid Passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th, and Degree certificates
- English Proficiency
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- An acceptance letter from your educational institution
- Proof of payment
- Proof of financial funds
- Study Permit and visa
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements, if any, prior to your application
STEPS TO APPLY FOR CANADA VISA PROCESS
- Must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Understand and arrange all the requirements
- Take the language proficiency test
- Duly fill out the form
- Receive notification
- Check the status of your Canadian student visa.
STUDENT VISA DEPENDENTS
A Canadian student visa allows bringing a spouse or common-law partner and even dependent children with you to Canada. They may be eligible to study or work, or even on a visiting visa. Canada provides additional points if the student brings a spouse or common-law partner and can submit their applications online when you apply for your study permit.
Post-Graduate workers program
The Post-Graduate Work Permit Program allows international students who are graduated from the authorized designed Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada can obtain an open work permit after their studies, which will help them in gaining valuable Canadian work experience.
They can be either part-time or full-time. Post studying, many countries offer a valid period for international students to work and stay for a period till they obtain a job offer.
Requirements for Post-study work permit
- Permit form for the country selected
- Proof of satisfying the age requirements of that country
- Valid passport
- Admission from an Accredited University in Canada
- Evidence of having sufficient money to take care of your expenses
- Air tickets
- Proof of having met the language requirements
HOW CAN Y-AXIS ASSIST YOU TO STUDY IN CANADA?
Y-Axis, the right place to guide you to Study in Canada….
Our exemplary services
- Get free counseling from our overseas registered Y-Axis immigration counselor, who will help you choose the right course in Canada.
- Acquire an instant free eligibility check for study in Canada.
- Y-Axis Coaching will assist you in learning the English Proficiency test along with IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and German language, which will help you to score well and get admission to Canadian Universities.
- Our Exclusive job search services will assist you in resume writing and LinkedIn marketing and also helps you with for job search.
- Y-Axis Course Recommendation Services is an initiative that guides and navigates every student in the desired direction to study in Canada.
- The Y-Axis immigration professional will provide you the complete guidance and assistance in applying for the study visa.
- One of the Y-Axis initiatives’ is the Campus-ready-program that helps students overseas who want to study abroad.
What's the IELTS score required for Canada Study Permit?
You will require at least 5.5 bands in each of the 4 IELTS segments. You will also need an overall minimum score of 6.0 to qualify to pursue undergraduate courses in Canada. If you are pursuing graduate courses, you will need 6.5 bands with a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the 4 segments of IELTS.
How much does a Canada study permit cost?
A Canada study permit costs CAD 150.
How long does it take to get a Canada study permit?
The processing time for a Canada study permit could go up to 90 days. The time taken will depend on the situation in the candidate’s home country.
How much does it cost to study in Canada?
The minimum average cost for an international student seeking an undergraduate course would be CAD 18,000. If you are pursuing a post-graduate degree, it might cost you CAD 17,000. Certain post-graduate courses cost as much as CAD 50,000.
Among additional costs is health Insurance which will come to CAD 600. The administration fee will come somewhere between CAD 150 and CAD 500. The fees required for a study permit for certain courses would come to CAD 250.
If you want a study permit, you should be having a minimum of CAD 10,000 at your disposal to meet your living costs. For a little more comfort, you should have at least CAD 15,000. To save money you can consider accommodation in the university over a rented stay. Saving money always benefits you as an international student in Canada.
International students can work for 120 full days while they study in Canada. This can be 240 half days too. This can help you earn extra money which you can use for other expenses.
What jobs are in demand in Canada?
The top jobs available in Canada are related to Software, IT, Finance, Engineering, Accounts, Hospitality, HR, Marketing, Sales, and Healthcare.
I am an Australian citizen. Do I have the option of studying in Canada?
Yes, you have the option of studying in Canada. The Work Holiday Program has offered many opportunities for students aged 18 to 30 years. Students can live and work in Canada on a holiday visa that has two years’ validity. Candidates with this visa also can study in Canada for six months.
Does Canada have affordable study options?
Studying in Canada is affordable. Students can live in Canada at a moderate cost, and they can also get medical insurance in the range of CAD300 and CAD800 per year.
Which course should I prefer in Canada?
The most popular courses in Canada are
- Business and Finance
- Computer Science and IT
- Media and Journalism
Health and Medicine
What are the highest-paid jobs in Canada?
The highest paid jobs in Canada and their approximate salaries are given here.
- Dentist – 75,000 CAD/year
- Lawyer – 135,000 CAD/year
- Physician/Doctor – 150,000 CAD/year
- Miner/Oil and Gas Driller – 77,250 CAD/year
- Registered Nurses – 74,000 CAD/year
Are Australian degrees recognized in Canada?
The degrees of Australia can be used worldwide as the reputation of the Australian education system is very high. Yes, Australian degrees are recognized in Canada. But only those degrees are considered that can be transferred to Canada easily. One of these degrees is physiotherapy, which is very popular in Canada.
Do I have the option to change my university from Australia to Canada?
Yes, you have the option of changing your university from Australia to Canada. You need to transfer your credits. You have to collect all the official requirements and syllabus and transfer them for the course you want to pursue.
Is there any need to show proof of funds if I apply for a study permit in Canada?
Yes, there is a need to show proof of funds. You need to show that you have sufficient money to use to reside in Canada, and you can pay your tuition fee. For a single student, per year expenditure is $10,000. If a family member is attached, his expenditure is $4,000. These costs are not related to Quebec as it has their own rules and costs.
Is there any difference between a study visa and a temporary permit?
International students having student visas are authorized to get an education in Canada. A temporary visa holder can enter Canada. An international student may also need to have a TRV depending on the citizenship of his home country. Students of different countries will get a TRV automatically if their student visa is approved.
Does an international student have the option to get a scholarship in Canada?
Yes, students can get a scholarship in Canada through private and government institutions. Students can also get a scholarship from the institute which they join to study.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.