Finland Tourist Visa
Finland is a country full of lakes and hills that are covered by forest. The mountains are snow-capped people can roam the country and fit a tent anywhere they like. National parks, skiing, shopping centers, and other things are also available, which attract the tourists towards the country. If you want to have a tour of Finland, you need to have a short-term tourist visa. This visa will allow you to stay in the country for 90 days. You can also travel to other countries that come under the Schengen zone.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR a TOURIST VISA:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings, and a detailed plan of your activities during your stay in Finland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros from an insurance company approved by the Schengen countries
- Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents. Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
HERE ARE THE DETAILS OF THE VISA FEES FOR DIFFERENT CATEGORIES:
Child (6-11 years)
Child (below 6 years)
Diplomatic passport holders
EXTENSION OF TOURIST VISA
Generally, it is not possible to extend the tourist visa beyond 90 days. But under certain emergency circumstances such as sudden cancellation of flights, acute illness, or humanitarian reasons, the visa can be extended. Fees will be charged for the extension of the visa.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Guides you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
Review your documents for the visa application
What is the Seasonal Workers’ visa for Finland?
Normally, you would require a residence permit for being able to work in Finland.
For seasonal work, however, you do not require a work permit. You will need a visa for taking up seasonal work in Finland.
By seasonal work means agricultural and tourism-related work done at only certain times in any year. An example can be picking of wild berries.
The visa is intended solely for seasonal work in Finland. You may be issued a visa for up to 90 days.
For the processing of seasonal visas, the regular processing times set out in the Visa Code are valid. A seasonal work permit is issued to one or more designated employers, and seasonal workers do not change their employer during the seasonal work period.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Finland, which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Finland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa, you can travel to and stay in Finland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Where do I apply for Finland Tourist Visa?
For submitting your Schengen visa application with Finland as your main destination, you will have to go through the Visa Application Centre.
Do immigrants from Australia need a visa to visit Finland?
Australia belongs to the list of Schengen countries, so immigrants from the country to Finland are exempted from the visa.
What are the visa exempt requirements for Australians?
Visa is exempted if immigrants from Australia have to stay for 90 days within the period of 180 days. The requirements for visa exempt are as follows.
- The validity of the passport should be at least six months prior to entry. The passport should have a blank visa page.
- Sufficient funds should be available, which should be in the form of cash or bank statement.
- A proof of onward journey or return tickets should be available.
- Proof of purpose of trip should be available.
- Visa for the next destination (if needed) should be available.
There should be a confirmation with the airlines that boarding without a visa will be allowed as conditions and rules can change any time.
What is the processing time of the Finland tourist visa?
The processing time of the Finland tourist visa is 15 days before travel.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.