STUDY IN IRELAND
A top destination for international students, Ireland has an annual influx of thousands of students arriving on an Ireland student visa. Ireland is a student-friendly country. The country gives a comfortable environment for English speakers to live and study.
Though higher studies don’t come cheap in Ireland, you have options to directly enroll in universities in Ireland to make it affordable and arrive to study in Ireland via exchange programs via the university that charges you fees and home tuition expenses at the university in Ireland.
Ireland student visa isn’t required for the following:
- Nationals of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- Nationals of Canada, the US, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa
Here are some of the top universities in Ireland:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University College Cork
Top reasons to study in Ireland
Here are some of the best reasons for you to consider Ireland as a destination for higher studies:
Experience the world-class Education system
Ireland’s educational scene is highly beneficial for an international student due to the presence of many globally top-ranked universities and intellectual prowess along with keeping up high-quality education.
Courses in various streams to choose from
In Ireland’s universities and educational institutions, you will find a diverse range of courses to choose from. Ireland has one of the world’s greatest educational systems. Here are some of the important course streams and subjects offered by institutions in Ireland:
- Data science & data analytics
- cyber security
- machine learning
- computer science
- artificial intelligence
These courses are offered by top universities as well as educational institutions in Ireland. Also, students can choose to enroll in a wide range of degree courses in Ireland. These include bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
Great country for entrepreneurial talent
Dublin, the capital city of Ireland, has continuously appeared among the top 50 best startup cities. No wonder you have a lifetime opportunity to use your education in Ireland to build an enterprise after you complete your studies in the country.
International students can work part-time in Ireland
Given the high cost of education, some international students would need to work during their study period in Ireland. They can apply for a green card from the Irish government. It’s commonly known as a work visa. Also, many colleges give international students opportunities for internships. This will enable them to gain hands-on experience in their profession. Besides all these, the Irish government offers scholarships and loans to international students.
Obtaining an Ireland Student Visa
If you are planning to do a study course of over 3 months of duration, you need to apply for a study visa provided you are not a national of a country exempted from the requirement.
If you are attempting to migrate to study in Ireland, you must ensure that you meet the requirements as per Ireland’s Policy on Non-EEA Nationals applicable to you as an international student. If you do meet the requirements, proceed with lodging your visa application.
An application for an Ireland student visa can be submitted up to 3 months prior to the date you travel to Ireland. In case you are planning to visit another State before arriving in Ireland, you are required to have the visa in your passport that’s relevant to that State before you apply for an Ireland student visa.
How to apply?
The application for an Ireland student visa must be filed online. Here are the steps:
- To start with, you need to complete the process of online application. A summary application form will then be created via the online system.
- Then follow the instructions presented on the summary application form which will have information on how to make the submission of your supporting documentation.
- You must print, sign, and add the date to the summary form before submitting it along with your supporting documents.
You may even be required to provide your Biometrics information in going with the application process.
Student visa requirement for Ireland – Documents to be submitted with the application
- The application summary form
- Application letter
- Two passport-sized color photographs that are not over 6 months old (Print your visa application reference number and name clearly on the rear)
- Your current passport with a minimum validity of 12 months from your proposed date of arrival in Ireland.
- A Letter of Acceptance from the college has to:
- Be a confirmation for you have been accepted and enrolled on a full-time course involving at least 15 hours of organized daytime tuition per week
- Give details of the course you have joined to study in Ireland
- State how much fee is payable for your course
- State the amount that you paid
- If applicable, state that the college has got medical insurance on your behalf.
- Information on any gaps since your last instance of full-time education. (Including full details of your work history if any that you have used to fill any gap in education)
- A copy of an ETF (Electronic Transfer of Funds) to the Irish Bank of the college, or a valid receipt that shows that the course fees have been paid via an approved student fees payment service
- Evidence of being able to pursue your chosen course of study in Ireland
- Proof that you are capable to pursue your chosen course in Ireland through the English/Irish medium
- Proof of having sufficient funds to support your stay in Ireland
- Proof of private medical insurance coverage which may be arranged for you by your college
- Details of any visa refusals in Ireland in the past
Pay the fees
Maker payment of the necessary fees in case you aren’t eligible for exemption.
Visa application processing time
Applications for an Ireland student visa will be processed in the order of date of submission. It’s best not to book your airline tickets before you get confirmation that your application has been accepted.
Generally, a decision will be communicated to you within 8 weeks of lodging your application.
How Y-Axis can help you
Y-Axis, the prominent overseas study consultant in Australia, helps you with
- Expert guidance in every step
- Free career counselling from professionals
- Course recommendation services for building a bright future
World-class coaching services for foreign languages, IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.
Is IELTS required for Ireland Study Permit?
Most of the colleges and universities in Ireland normally require IELTS band scores of 6.5. However, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service require IELTS band scores 5.
What are the requirements for Ireland Study Permit?
The requirements for Ireland Study Permit are:
- 2 latest color photographs of Passport size
- Latest Passport and copies of previous Passports if any
- A letter of a form having your complete contact information with the reason for arriving in Ireland and signature
- Acceptance Letter from the University or College in Ireland
- Proof substantiating gaps in your educational history if any
- Evidence of payment of the tuition and registration fees
- Copies of all exam results, academic qualifications needed for University study
- Certificate for proficiency in English language /IELTS score
- Evidence of having adequate cash for supporting your stay in Ireland without resorting to public funds or dependency on casual work
- Medical Insurance that covers the student for at least Euros 25,000
- Commitment to exit Ireland after the Study Permit expires
How long does it take to get a Study Permit to Ireland?
The Ireland Study Permit processing times are variable based on the nation from which you submit your permit form. Normally, you will get the decision for your permit by 4 to 8 weeks. This is from the date you submit the form at the Consulate/Embassy/Immigration Office.
Is Ireland good for Indian students?
Ireland is emerging as one among the top study overseas destinations for Indian students. The cost of education in Ireland is lower for Indian students than in several overseas destinations. The added advantage is that they can remain in Ireland for 12 months after completion of their studies.
How can I submit for Ireland Study Permit from India?
Here are some crucial points that you must note while making a form for Ireland Study Permit from India:
- Complete the form online
- Check the details of the Embassy of Ireland to which you will send your requirements
- Provide a photograph of Passport size
- Ensure that the validity of the Passport is for 12months
- Make a payment of the fee
- Provide a letter that explains why you need the permit with signature
- Acceptance Letter from a School/College/University in Ireland that confirms you are enrolled and accepted for a full-time education course that involves at least 15 hours of daytime tuition organized weekly
The ILEP is an official list of courses that are eligible for an Ireland student visa applicable to international students who need such a visa to study in Ireland. The list has more than 5,000 courses. The list is updated every 3 months. International students will be granted an Ireland student visa only if they have enrolled in and started a program present on the ILEP list.
What programs are available on the ILEP?
The following types of programs/courses are available for the ILEP:
- Higher education programs
- English language programs
- Foundation programs
- Professional awards
What permission for immigration can I get as a student in a full-time English language program?
If you are an international student on an ILEP listed full-time English language course, you may be granted permission for immigration for not more than 8 months.
How long is it possible for an international student to stay in Ireland to study the English language full-time?
A student may be granted permission for immigration for up to 3 English language programs, each of 8 months duration. The total duration of such permission for a new student doing English language programs is 2 years (i.e., 3 x 8 months). You will have to attend an exam at the end of the program and meet attendance requirements so that you can renew your permission every time. If you wish to continue as a student post that period of time, you have to enroll in an IELP listed higher education program.
As a student, can I bring family members with me to Ireland?
No. International students aren’t allowed to bring their family members with them to Ireland. However, there may be some very exceptional circumstances that could be considered and this may be permitted.
Can I continue in Ireland after completing my studies to seek a job?
In case you have an award from a recognized awarding body in Ireland, you may be able to stay in Ireland to seek a job after the completion of your study program.
You may explore the Third Level Graduate Program. It allows non-EEA Irish graduates who are legally residing in Ireland and hold a level 8 or level 9 award from a recognized awarding body in Ireland to remain in this country after completing their studies for a period of 12 months.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.