The permit to invest is offered by countries to encourage people with a proven business track record and a genuine intent in developing a business overseas or to invest overseas. This can be either a new business venture or buying an existing overseas business.
The Immigrant Investor Program in Australia and Canada is a cut above similar programs in other nations. The USP of such programs in these countries is that they allow people to maintain their current residency status while continuing to run their businesses.
The Immigrant Investor Program aims to attract immigrant investors with sufficient personal wealth and managerial skills. Any business, with the exception of those that operate for the purpose of gaining interest or capital gains, qualifies for this program. Every country that grants a permit for business or investment has its own set of regulations and qualifying criteria. Talk to Y-Axis Australia for more information.
Different countries use different criteria to determine whether or not an application for an investment permit is eligible. The following are the general assessment criteria:
- Funds available to invest in foreign markets
- Prior work experience
- Proficiency in English or one of the native languages
- Sufficient credentials in business
- Evaluation of health and conduct
Here are some popular investor programs to gain a permit to invest and settle down in a country:
Canada’s Startup Permiy program
Under Canada’s start-up program, candidates can come to Canada on a work permit which is sponsored by their Canada-based investor and then apply for a permanent residence once their business is established in the country.
This program encourages immigrant entrepreneurs to develop their start-ups in Canada. Successful applicants can tie-up with private sector investors in Canada to receive help on funding and guidance on running their business. The 3 types of private sector investors they can approach are:
- Venture capital fund
- Business incubator
- Angel investor
Eligibility requirements for the program
- Have proof in the form of a Commitment Certificate and a Letter of Support indicating the business has the required support from a specified body
- Have a legitimate business
- Have completed at least a year of post-secondary education and have the required proficiency in English or French
- Have enough money to settle in Canada and sustain family dependent family members
- Clear medical and security checks
Australia’s Permit for Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
This program helps entrepreneurs, senior executives, and investors start or expand businesses in Australia.
- Have a proposal for entrepreneurial activity in Australia
- Have at least AUD200,000 funding agreement to undertake business in Australia
- Have a business plan for a start-up
- Have competent skills in the English language
Benefits of the investor program
The permanent residency programs for investors and entrepreneurs offer both individual and business benefits. They offer benefits such as:
- Opportunity to access a high standard of living
- Access to high-quality healthcare and education
- Opportunity to settle with your dependents
- Access to international opportunities
- Investment policies that are favorable (varies by country)
- Travel benefits allowing you to conduct business globally
- Fast track way to attain citizenship
How Y-Axis Helps You?
Y-Axis helps investors and entrepreneurs take the right decisions with our comprehensive immigration consultancy services. We analyse your profile and suggest the best solution that meets your personal and business goals.
Our Entrepreneur Advisory Report advises you on your options.
Y-Axis has the know-how of intricate procedures, policies, and opportunities for your needs when it comes to overseas entrepreneurship permits.
An experienced Y-Axis expert in overseas investment will assist you at every step of the process.
How much money do you need for a permit to invest overseas?
It varies depending on the nation and permit category for which you are applying. Contact our overseas investor expert to learn about it in detail.
What are the ownership requirements for the Canada Start-up Program?
- The intended business must be incorporated and run in Canada.
- The nominee must hold at least 10% of the corporation’s voting rights.
- No shareholder can possess 50% or more of the corporation’s voting rights.
What are the benefits of establishing a business in Australia?
- You are welcome to stay in Australia indefinitely.
- You can promote your company and investment activities in the country.
- If you are eligible, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.