Migrate to Singapore
For people wishing to start a new life in another country, Singapore has always been at the top of the list of international migration destinations. Singapore has always been, and continues to be, a welcoming place for newcomers. The number of immigrants in our country grows every year. Immigrants account up a sizable section of the population.
The country’s robust economy, low cost of living, and good quality of life are all compelling reasons to migrate to Singapore.
Y-Axis Australia offers a wide range of services to help you apply for various types of visas to migrate to Singapore.
Immigration to Singapore
Migrating for work
To work in Singapore, qualified professionals can apply for one of three types of work visas.
Employment pass: If you’re a professional, acquire a job in Singapore before applying for an employment pass (EP). Your employer is the only person who can apply for an EP on your behalf. Depending on your expertise and credentials, you can get an Employment Pass (EP) or a S Pass.
To apply for the EP, you must have a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,900 Singapore dollars and solid credentials.
PEP (Personalized Employment Pass): The PEP is independent of any employer and allows you to pursue opportunities in Singapore without jeopardizing the validity of your Pass. You can stay in Singapore for up to 6 months if you have a PEP and are looking for a new job.
You can stay in Singapore for up to 6 months, in between jobs. But the PEP is only valid for 3 years and is non-renewable.
S Pass: This is for mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
Eligibility requirements for work permit
A valid passport is required for all applicants.
Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
The applicant is permitted to work only within the scope of work set forth by the authorities in the work permits issued.
After an application is received, it normally takes three weeks for online applications and eight weeks for manual applications to be processed.
Individuals who immigrate to Singapore on a work permit can bring their dependents to Singapore.
The organization that paid the EP, PEP, or S Pass visa for the person who desires to bring his or her dependents must apply for this. It can last up to two years, depending on whether the EP, PEP, or S Pass visa is still valid.
There are three ways to get permanent residency in Singapore:
- Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers scheme (PTS scheme)
- Global Investor Program scheme (GIP Scheme)
- Foreign Artistic Talent scheme (ForArts)
The following groups of foreigners are eligible to apply for permanent residency under the PTS and GIP Schemes:
- Spouse and unmarried children of PR visa holders or Singapore citizens
- Citizen’s aged parents
- Immigrants on an employment pass or S pass
- Investors or entrepreneurs under the GIP scheme
Eligibility criteria under the Foreign Artistic Talent scheme (ForArts)
- Professional experience and related training/education in their area of expertise
- Exceptional accomplishments in the fields of the performing arts, creative arts, literary arts, architecture, and/or media
- Important contributions to the arts and culture scene in Singapore
- A clear track record of local engagements at leadership level
- Concrete plans to participate in Singapore’s arts and cultural sector in the future
Permanent residents of Singapore will not be subject to visa limitations and will have access to public housing, high-quality education, and significantly subsidised healthcare facilities.
Who can apply for permanent residency in Singapore?
- The spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
- Unmarried child aged below 21 of a SC or PR
- Dependent parent of a SC
- Those with an Employment Pass or S Pass
- A student studying in Singapore
- A foreign investor in Singapore
What is the processing time for PR visas?
PR visas take about four to six months to be processed.
What is the validity of the dependent pass?
Dependent Passes are valid for the duration of the primary Singapore work visa holder’s employment in Singapore. Holders of a DP pass do not need to apply for separate Singapore entry visas and are free to live, visit, and exit the country.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.