Settle With Your Family In Canada
To make it easier for families to live together, the government of Canada offers the Canada dependent visa that permits eligible immigrants over the age of 18 to sponsor dependent spouses, children, parents, partners, and grandparents to live with them in Canada. Canada provides immigrants the option of the Canada spouse visa or the Canada parent visa to help them bring their dependents to Canada.
If your dependents hold the necessary permits, the Canada Dependent Visa allows you to bring them to Canada and allow them to work or study full-time. You can sponsor the following relatives for a dependent visa under the Canada Dependent Visa:
- Spouse or common-law partner or conjugal partner
- Dependent children under the age of 21
- Dependent parents or grandparents
- Child adopted outside Canada while you held a Canadian citizenship or PR
- Brother, sister, niece, nephew, uncle, aunt or other close relatives
- The relations you sponsor can live with you in Canada.
- Your spouse or conjugal partner can also apply for a Work Permit in order to work in Canada
Eligibility requirements to sponsor a dependent
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident.
- You should not be taking government aid unless you have a disability.
- You and your spouse must be lawfully married.
- You need to have a genuine relationship with your dependents.
Documents required for Canada dependent visa
Passport & travel history
Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
Other proof of relationship
Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
Completed application & consulate fees
What are the eligibility requirements to appl for a spouse visa to bring your spouse to Canada?
You must be at least 18 years old.
You must either live in Canada or plan to return once your spouse or partner become a permanent residence.
For the following three years, you must be able and willing to meet your spouse’s or partner’s basic financial needs.
You will not be allowed to sponsor your partner unless they are a member of the family class.
To sponsor your spouse, you must be a citizen, permanent resident, or have a work visa.
You must have a real relationship with your spouse, one that was not formed only for the purpose of obtaining permanent residency. Your relationship must be at least a year old.
What are the eligibility requirements to bring a dependent child to Canada?
The dependent child of the sponsor must be his biological or adopted child.
The child must prove that he or she is financially reliant on the sponsor or parent.
Dependent children who are unable to sustain themselves due to a physical or mental disease have no age limit.
The sponsor must show proof of his relationship with the children who rely on him financially.
The children must undergo a medical test before they come to Canada.
How long does it take to obtain a Canada Dependent Visa?
After submitting all the paperwork, it may take about three months for the interview to take place at the Canadian Embassy where the dependent resides. Following this, it is a matter of waiting for the Visa to be stamped on the passport.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.