Hungary Tourist Visa
Hungary is a landlocked country in Central Europe. It is a renowned medical destination in Europe, especially for dental tourism. It also is famous for plastic surgery and spa tourism.
If you want to visit Hungary, you have to apply for a tourist visa. We give here the eligibility requirements to obtain a visa. Nationals of countries, except those exempted from their visa, will have to apply for a short-term C visa (Schengen), which is valid for 90 days.
This visa allows you to travel and stay in Hungary, besides 26 other countries in the Schengen region.
Eligibility requirements to apply for a tourist visa:
- A passport with a validity exceeding the duration of Hungary’s tourist visa by three months. It should have two blank pages and should have been issued within the past ten months of your visa application.
- Old passports (if any)
- Passport size photographs
- A copy of your filled-in application form with your signature
- Evidence of hotel arrangements, air ticket bookings, and a detailed itinerary of your stay in Hungary
- Proof of having sufficient financial resources to take care of you during your travel and stay
- The past six months’ bank statements
- Documents of your income tax returns
- Proof of having a minimum of €30,000 medical insurance for your trip
- If invited, a letter of invitation containing the name, address, and the sponsor’s phone number.
- An approved and signed letter from a local town hall or any other competent government.
Before applying for a tourist visa, ensure that you are eligible for the visa and have the necessary travel documents. Apply for the visa only after making the payment of the fee required.
Details of visa fees for different categories:
Child (six-twelve years)
Children (below six years)
How can Y-Axis help you?
- By advising you on the necessary documentation
- By helping you fill out the application forms
- By revising documents needed for your visa application
Is it easy to obtain a Hungary tourist visa?
If you satisfy the minimum necessary requirements, you can easily get a Hungarian visa.
Is Hungary an affordable destination?
Hungary figures in the ten most affordable countries in Europe.
Can most Hungarians speak English?
Although it is not spoken in interior areas of Hungary, English is spoken widely in Budapest and other locations where tourists gather.
Which is the best time to visit Hungary?
The most pleasant time to visit Hungary is during the months of June, July and August.
Is it safe to visit Hungary?
It is safe to travel around Hungary. The country is said to be a peaceable country.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.