VISIT MALTA ON A MALTA TOURIST VISA. LEARN THE MALTA TOURIST VISA REQUIREMENTS
Malta is a country for the pleasure seeker and those who are interested in the bright side of life. If you are serious about having a good time and fun, Malta is the place to go.
What is a Malta Tourist visa?
The Malta Tourist visa is also known as the Malta Schengen tourist visa. It’s a permit issued to travelers who are traveling to Malta for the purpose of tourism. It’s a Schengen visa of category C. The visa is issued to you if you are arriving in Malta to stay for up to 90 days in a 180-day period.
Do you know?
A Malta tourist visa can be granted for single-entry, double-entry, and multiple entries.
Malta Tourist Visa requirements
Here’s where it all starts. First, learn the requirements to be met essentially if you want to get your hands on a Malta Tourist visa.
The documents required for non-EU/EEA nationals
- A valid passport that must meet the following criteria:
- It shouldn’t be older than 10 years.
- It should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months counted from the date of travel.
- It must have at least 2 blank pages.
- There must be old passports attached if there are any.
- A covering letter that satisfies the following conditions:
- It must have the applicant’s details.
- It has to clearly state the duration and purpose of your visit.
- It has to clearly mention the source of funds.
- It should have the signature of the applicant. It must also be addressed to the Embassy of Malta.
- Proof of medical/travel insurance coverage up to at least €30,000
- Confirmed air tickets
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of occupation – E.g., employment letter, Copy of business license, etc.
- Financial documents – E.g., passbook copy, bank statements of the past 3 months, ITR, etc.
Are you eligible for a Malta Tourist visa?
If you want to be eligible to apply for the Malta Tourist visa, you have to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of the country where you are applying from. In case you are residing on a residence permit in a foreign country, you may file an application to the corresponding visa authority in that country.
- You have to hold a valid passport that meets all the regulations.
- The only aim of your visit has to be taking part in tourism and activities that are related.
- You must have enough funds to meet your expenses the whole time you stay in Malta.
- You need to apply for the Malta tourist visa only if Malta is one of the following:
- Your only destination
- One of your multiple destinations in the Schengen area, in which case you will be spending most of the time in Malta
- Malta has to be your port of entry into the Schengen region
How to apply for a Malta tourist visa?
Gather Your Documents
Download the Malta tourist visa application form from the relevant VAC. Fill out the form completely with your signature and date. Then get all the aforementioned documents ready to be submitted.
Submit the application form at VFS
Submit your application through VFS Global, the globally authorized agency for Malta tourist visas.
Track your application status
Track the progress in the application process with the help of SMS notifications from VFS Global. It’s an added service for which you must make a payment. The notification will help you figure out if your passport is ready to be collected.
Get your passport back
Collect your passport via the VFS office you applied for the Malta tourist visa through.
How much is the Malta Visit visa fee?
The cost of a Malta Tourist visa is €60 to €66. It depends on the period of time you are going to stay. For children, the visa fee is just €35.
How much money will I need to get permission from authorities to enter Malta?
You must be able to spend a minimum of €48 per day so that the authorities can allow you to enter Malta.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.