Study in Canada

Study in Denmark

Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Don't know what to do?

Get Free Counseling

Why Study In Denmark

  • Affordable Education

  • Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities

  • Immigration Possibilities

  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle

  • Healthy and Safe Communities

  • International students can often work while they study & Internships

  • Numerous research opportunities

  • Possibility of immigration after completing the course

  • Vibrant campus atmosphere

  • International students have the option of working when studying

  • Good internship opportunities


Why Study in Canada
Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility criteria for Denmark?

Educational Qualification

The minimum eligibility criteria to graduate is you have to score
at least 50% from a UGC or AICTE recognized university.

Year Back

The graduation degree has to be completed within the stipulated time
with no gap year.
Example: B.Com is a 3-year degree. The client should have completed
it within 3 years and not more.
Example: Engineering is a 4-year degree. The client should have
completed within 4 years and not more.

Steps to study in Denmark

Study Page Banner

Work authorization for students:

Student Applicant

  • Students must be over 18 years of age.

  • International students in Denmark universities can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.

  • Foreign students who are studying in a program that requires work experience such as through a co-op or internship program.


  • In general, spouses are given the same rights as students who are already in Denmark. Therefore, if the student with a Denmark student visa has the right to work, the spouse who comes to join him or her will also have that right

Top QS Ranking Universities in Denmark 2023

QS RankingUniversity
-University of Copenhagen (KU)
99Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
155Aarhus University
309University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
326Aalborg University (AAU)
-Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
-Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
-Roskilde University (RUC)

Post-study work options

Work Opportunity

Work Options

The Denmark government offers options for international students to stay after their course and gain some work experience.

Why Study in Denmark

  • 7 Qs Ranking Universities
  • Most Affordable Fees
  • PGW Visa Is For 1-2 Years
  • Avail Scholarship Programs Starting From 10,000 Usd
  • Work 20-40 Hours Per Week While Studying

Study Permits in Denmark

In Denmark, the visas are called as permits. There are two types of study permits in Denmark.

Short Term Stay Permit

An individual can apply for this permit at a Danish embassy or consulate in that person’s country of origin. This permit does not, however, let them work in Denmark.

Long-Term Stay Residence Permit

If you have to stay in Denmark for a period exceeding three months to pursue your studies, you will have to apply for a residence permit. You can apply for the form at the Danish embassy or consulate in your country of origin. The residence permit allows students to work for 20 hours a week in Denmark.

Your residence permit will be valid until you complete your course. You, therefore, need not have to worry about its renewal during your program. Please begin your process three months ahead of your entry into Denmark.

Study Without Writing IELTS

Many institutions in Denmark accept the students from English speaking countries, without writing IELTS. Following are the countries that do not need IELTS

  1. Australia
  2. US
  3. Canada
  4. New Zealand
  5. Ireland
  6. United Kingdom

Requirements for Studying in Denmark

The eligibility criteria to study in Denmark depend on your homeland. Citizens of Nordic countries, such as Norway, Finlandand Sweden, can study in the country freely without any restrictions. Individuals will require only a personal identification number which will be given to them after they submit their passports or any other proofs of personal identification when they arrive in Denmark.

People belonging to the EEA, EU, or Switzerland can stay in Denmark for up to three months without any restrictions if they have a valid passport. If anyone plans to stay there for more than three months, they will need to obtain a Danish registration certificate. This certificate will enable them to get a personal identification number which is necessary for all those who want to work in this country.

Non-EU or non-EEA nationals will need a permit to study in Denmark. The duration of their stay will govern the type of permit they will be issued. An individual who is planning to stay for fewer than three months will require a permit, and those planning on staying for a duration exceeding three months will need a residence permit. Here are more details.

  • A valid passport
  • Proof that you have sufficient financial resources to take care of yourself during your program
  • Proof of Residence permit fee payment (255 EUR)
  • Proof of proficiency, either in English or Danish, depending on the language in which you are pursuing the course
  • Acceptance of letter from the university
  • Proof of purchase of travel insurance
  • Proof that you have planned for your accommodation during your study
  • A duly signed and filled application form and submit
How Can Y-Axis Assist You to Study in Denmark?

Y-Axis, helps you to the right path to Study in Denmark.

  • Utilize free counselling from Y-Axis professionals to help you choose the right course and university in Denmark.
  • Y-Axis Coaching will assist you to learn the English Proficiency test, which will help you to score well and get admission in Denmark Universities.
  • Y-Axis Course Recommendation Services is an initiative that guides and navigates every student in the desired direction to study in Denmark.

Looking for inspiration

Explore what Global Citizens have to say about Y-Axis in shaping their future

Frequently Asked Questions

What qualifications does an individual need to apply for a Masters?
How many hours per week can non-EU work in Denmark as a student?
How many intakes are in Denmark?
What degrees can be considered best for Denmark for further study?
How long can an individual stay in Denmark after studying?
Can an individual bring their family with them while studying in Denmark?
How can I apply for a student visa in Denmark?
How do I apply for a residence permit in Denmark?
Is Denmark a desirable destination for international students?
Do I need to learn Danish before I get there?
How do I know if I qualify to study in Denmark?