WHY STUDY IN FINLAND
- 9 QS ranking universities
- Most Affordable fees
- PSWP permit is for 1-2 years
- Avail Scholarship programs
- Work 15-30 hours per week while studying
TOP QS RANKING UNIVERSITIES IN FINLAND
Universities in Finland
University of Helsinki
University of Turku
University of Jyväskylä
University of Oulu
Lappeenranta University of Technology
University of Eastern Finland
Åbo Akademi University
COST OF STUDYING IN THE FINLAND
Denmark offers free education for Bachelor’s and M<aster’s programs for students from the EU/EEA area and Switzerland. For other students, there is a minimal range of fees. One can study for free in Denmark only if:
If you already have a residence permit which is temporary or permanent
One of your parents is from a non-EEA country and works in Denmark.
The total tuition fees range from 6,000 to 16000 EUR per academic year, depending on the course. Always check the university websites for correctly updated information.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT IN FINLAND
- Fill in the details in the application form and submit it online along with all the required documents.
- Pay your fees online at the embassy or consulate of Finland.
- Submit your biometric data at the embassy or consulate on the appointment day.
Await a decision:
- The time is taken by the authorities to process your form ranges from one to three months.
- You will be granted a residence permit on your arrival in Finland.
FINLAND STUDY PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
When applying for your study permit, you must submit the following documents.
- Valid passport
- Latest color passport photographs
- Acceptance certificate from a Finnish educational institution
- Particulars of payments of tuition fees or scholarships
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to take care of yourself during your stay in Finland
- Evidence that you have paid the fees for the study permit
- International health insurance
WORK WITH A RESIDENCE PERMIT
International students can work in Finland with a residence permit, provided the employment is relevant to the program they are pursuing. Students can work up to 25 hours per week during the program and full-time during vacation.
DEPENDENT’S RESIDENCE PERMITS
Students with residence permits can bring their spouses/partners and children to Finland while they are pursuing their courses. To get your permit, you must prove that you have enough funds to support your stay in Finland. Finnish immigration authorities will try their best to process your forms together. They will have to independently submit for the permit to join you in the country.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS ASSIST YOU TO STUDY IN FINLAND?
Y-Axis, guides you to reach the right path to study in Finland
- Y- Axis free counselling helps you to choose the right course and university in Finland.
- Y-Axis Coaching will assist you to prepare for English language proficiency tests, which will lead to score well and get admission in top Universities in Finland.
- Y-Axis Course Recommendation Services is an initiative that guides and navigates every student in the desired direction to study in Finland.
How do I apply for a student visa to Finland?
If you hail from a non-EU/EEA country, you need to get a student residence permit to pursue studies in Finland. Begin the process of applying for a student residence permit only after a university in Finland has officially admitted you by sending an official letter of acceptance.
Do I need to take the IELTS test to apply for a Finland student visa?
Yes, you need to take the IELTS test and get a band score of 6.0 or higher to be eligible to apply for a Finland student Visa.
Can I communicate in English in Finland?
Yes. Most natives of Finland can speak English. According to official statistics, around 70% of Finns can speak English.
Will I be allowed to stay in Finland after completing my master’s course?
After completing their graduation, students can apply for a residence permit extension of one year, which will allow them to stay in Finland to search for a job. You need to apply for extending your student residence permit during your stay there.
Can I apply for a permanent residence (PR) after completing my studies in Finland?
You may apply for a job after completing your education program at a university in Finland. If you work there continuously for four years, you gain eligibility to apply for a permanent residence (PR) permit.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.