Study in Finland

Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Don't know what to do?

Get Free Counseling

Why Study In Finland

  • Affordable Education

  • Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities

  • Immigration Possibilities

  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle

  • Healthy and Safe Communities

  • International students can often work while they study & Internships

  • Numerous research opportunities

  • Possibility of immigration after completing the course

  • Vibrant campus atmosphere

  • International students have the option of working when studying

  • Good internship opportunities


Why Study
Eligibility criteria

Eligibility criteria for Finland?

Educational Qualification

The minimum eligibility criteria to graduate is you have to score
at least 50% from a UGC or AICTE recognized university.

Year Back

The graduation degree has to be completed within the stipulated time
with no gap year.
Example: B.Com is a 3-year degree. The client should have completed
it within 3 years and not more.
Example: Engineering is a 4-year degree. The client should have
completed within 4 years and not more.

Steps to study in Finland

Charting Your Course: Step-by-Step Guide to Study in Finland for an Immersive Educational Experience

Cost of studying in Finland

The cost of studying in Finland will include other factors such as the cost of living and the Finland visa application fees which you will have to bear.

Study Program Fees Range(EUR)

Any Course


Work authorization for students

Work authorization for students:

Student Applicant

  • Students must be over 18 years of age.

  • International students in Finland universities can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.

  • Foreign students who are studying in a program that requires work experience such as through a co-op or internship program.


  • In general, spouses are given the same rights as students who are already in Finland. Therefore, if the student with a Finland student visa has the right to work, the spouse who comes to join him or her will also have that right

Top QS ranking universities in Finland 2023

Global RankUniversities
104University of Helsinki
112Aalto University
295University of Turku
348University of Jyväskylä
377University of Oulu
414Tampere University
414Lappeenranta University of Technology
521-530University of Eastern Finland
601-650Åbo Akademi University

Post-study work options


Work options

The Finland government offers options for international students to stay after their course and gain some work experience.

Why study in Finland

  • 9 QS Ranking Universities
  • Most Affordable Fees
  • PSWP Permit Is For 1-2 Years
  • Avail Scholarship Programs
  • Work 15-30 Hours Per Week While Studying

Cost of studying in Finland

Denmark offers free education for Bachelor’s and M<aster’s programs for students from the EU/EEA area and Switzerland. For other students, there is a minimal range of fees. One can study for free in Denmark only if:

If you already have a residence permit which is temporary or permanent

One of your parents is from a non-EEA country and works in Denmark.

The total tuition fees range from 6,000 to 16000 EUR per academic year, depending on the course. Always check the university websites for correctly updated information. 

Steps to apply for a student residence permit in Finland


  • Fill in the details in the application form and submit it online along with all the required documents.
  • Pay your fees online at the embassy or consulate of Finland.
  • Submit your biometric data at the embassy or consulate on the appointment day. 

Await a decision:

  • The time is taken by the authorities to process your form ranges from one to three months.
  • You will be granted a residence permit on your arrival in Finland. 


Finland study permit requirements

When applying for your study permit, you must submit the following documents.

  • Valid passport
  • Latest color passport photographs
  • Acceptance certificate from a Finnish educational institution 
  • Particulars of payments of tuition fees or scholarships
  • Proof that you have sufficient funds to take care of yourself during your stay in Finland
  • Evidence that you have paid the fees for the study permit
  • International health insurance

Work with a residence permit

International students can work in Finland with a residence permit, provided the employment is relevant to the program they are pursuing. Students can work up to 25 hours per week during the program and full-time during vacation.

Dependent’s residence permits

Students with residence permits can bring their spouses/partners and children to Finland while they are pursuing their courses. To get your permit, you must prove that you have enough funds to support your stay in Finland. Finnish immigration authorities will try their best to process your forms together. They will have to independently submit for the permit to join you in the country.

How can Y-Axis assist you to study in Finland?

Y-Axis, guides you to reach the right path to study in Finland

  • Y- Axis free counselling helps you to choose the right course and university in Finland.
  • Y-Axis Coaching will assist you to prepare for English language proficiency tests, which will lead to score well and get admission in top Universities in Finland.
  • Y-Axis Course Recommendation Services is an initiative that guides and navigates every student in the desired direction to study in Finland.

Looking for inspiration

Explore what Global Citizens have to say about Y-Axis in shaping their future

Frequently Asked Questions

How many intakes are there in Finland?
How long a student can stay in Finland after studying?
Which exams are required for Finland University?
How many hours a student can work in Finland?
Why choose Finland for studying?
How do I apply for a student visa to Finland?
Do I need to take the IELTS test to apply for a Finland student visa?
Can I communicate in English in Finland?
Will I be allowed to stay in Finland after completing my master’s course?
Can I apply for a permanent residence (PR) after completing my studies in Finland?