Austria PR Visa
If you wish to migrate to Austria. A residence permit is required in Austria for stays of more than six months. EU citizens, on the other hand, are excused from obtaining a residence permit if their stay in the country is less than three months. Even before you travel to Austria, you must apply for a residency permit. You can migrate to Austria only after getting a residence permit.
Different types of residence permits issued for immigration to Austria
- Nufenthaltsbewilligung or temporary residence permit (for temporary stay in Austria)
- Betriebsentsandter for employees sent on temporary duty
- Rotationsarbeitskraft for company representatives/managers/executives
- Selbsttändiger for self-employed individuals
- Forscher for researchers in Austrian educational institutions
- Künstler for self-employed artists
- Sonderfälle unselbständiger Erwerbstätigkeit for journalists, guest lecturers
- Student for individuals attending college/university in Austria
- Schüler for students attending school (grade 1-12) in Austria
- Niederlassungsbewilligung – this visa is for foreign nationals who plan to live in Austria for a period exceeding six months.
Even before you reach Austria, you must submit an application for a residency visa. You must apply to the Austrian representative authority in your country. Your application will be sent to Austria, where you must wait for permission before entering the country. It is recommended that you submit your application at least three months before to your intended arrival in Austria.
Certain categories of individuals can apply for their residence permit after their entry in Austria. These include:
- Spouses and children of EU & EFTA citizens
- EU citizens and other foreign nationals who are eligible to enter Austria under the visa waiver program
Residence permits are issued for either employment, study or research.
- Passport that is valid for at least three months from the date of return.
- Receipt for payment of consular fees and a completed application form
- Recent passport size photo
- Copy of notarized birth certificate
- Certificate as proof of good character and the lack of any criminal history
- Proof of health, travel, and accident insurance
- Proof of having sufficient funds
- Proof of arranged accommodation in Austria
- Only complete applications are required to be submitted.
- They have to be delivered in person.
- Both parents must sign the application if the candidate is under the age of 18.
- It will take at least one month to process all applications because they must be processed in Austria.
What are the prerequisites for obtaining permanent residency in Austria?
To apply for permanent residency in Austria, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be living in Austria with legal status for the past five years.
- Whether it’s through a job or self-employment, you must be financially self-sufficient.
- For those five years, you must be covered by health insurance.
- Must have completed Module 2 of the Integration Agreement, which includes attaining a B1 level of German
What are the requirements for PR visa for family members?
As long as they match the qualifications, it is also available to family members of people with permanent residency. A spouse or civil partner, as well as children under the age of 18, are considered “family” in this case (including stepchildren and adoptive children). Fortunately, your family is eligible because they must have stayed in Austria for five years with you before applying for permanent residency.
What can one do with a PR visa?
This permit allows you to stay and work in Austria for five years and is regulated by provincial government offices. It is renewable, and if you meet specific criteria, it allows you to live and work in other EU countries.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.