Schengen Visit Visa Details:
Schengen is an area that refers to passport-free zone of the European Union. The area is considered as the largest area where people can travel for free. People need to have a Schengen visa to migrate to the countries in the Schengen area. There are 26 countries included in the Schengen zone, and visas can be issued by any of these countries.
The validity period of a Schengen visa is 90 days which has to be used in a period of six months. Y-Axis can help you understand your options and guide you through the Schengen visa process with our dedicated visa services.
SCHENGEN VISIT VISA DETAILS
The Schengen Visa is a temporary visa for individuals looking to travel to European countries belonging to the Schengen zone. This includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- The Schengen visa allows you to stay in Schengen countries for up to 90 days in a 6 months period.
- You need to apply for a Schengen visa to the country you are visiting or to the country where you are spending the most number of days or in which you step first if you are spending equal days in all countries.
- You can apply for a Schengen visa 3 months before your planned travel.
- Typically it takes 2 weeks or shorter to process the visa, but this depends on the embassy.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHENGEN VISIT VISA
The Schengen visa is a unique document that allows you access to several European countries with a single visa. In order to apply for it, you must submit:
- Valid passport
- Completed Schengen visa application form
- Travel itinerary including countries you plan to visit, accommodation & flight details
- Evidence of financial sufficiency
- Evidence of your employment or student status to prove you will not be staying on
- Proof of adequate health insurance
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
With our knowledge of European visas, Y-Axis can help you submit a Schengen visa application with confidence. A dedicated Schengen visa consultant will help you:
- Complete your Schengen visa application
- Collect all essential documents
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
Reach out to us and discover how we can help you with your Schengen Visit Visa application.
What is a Schengen visa?
A Schengen visa is issued for short stays in or for transiting through the Schengen Area. The duration must not exceed 90 days in any 180-days period.
A visa issued by any one of the Schengen states is valid for visiting any Schengen state. Do keep in mind that you will have to apply for the visa from the country that would be your primary destination.
If you plan on visiting many Schengen states for about the same time, you will have to apply for the visa from the country that you would be entering first.
Is proof of funds compulsory for a Schengen Visa?
Yes. You will have to show proof of funds.
Schengen visa is granted provided that –
- You can convince the visa-issuing authorities that you do intend to leave the Schengen Area before the expiration of the visa.
- You must have adequate means of subsistence that will cover the duration of your entire period of stay in the Schengen Area. You must also be able to present the relevant supporting documents as well.
Do keep in mind that a Schengen visa does not automatically permit the holder of the visa to enter the Schengen Area.
What is Schengen travel visa?
You will have to apply for a Schengen travel visa (Visa C) if all the conditions are met–
- You plan to go to a Schengen member state for a short stay,
- The stay period in the Schengen member state does not go beyond 90 days, and
- The list of visa-free countries does not include your country.
What are all the countries that I can travel to on a Schengen visa?
A Schengen visa is valid for the following countries –
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
You are not free to apply for the Schengen visa for any country. You must apply in the mission or embassy of the country where you are planning to stay for the longest duration. If it is difficult to determine this, especially if you are taking a cruise or a bus tour, you can apply for the visa for the country, which is the first point of entry. In such a case, you have to spend an equal number of days in all the countries.
When should I apply for a tourist Schengen visa?
You have to apply for a tourist Schengen visa 15 days before your travel. It is better to send the application three months before your trip.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.