Are you an Immigrant in Australia and trying to settle in other countries with PR?
Hey! What are you thinking about? Canada will be the right choice to immigrate and settle along with permanent residency. The immigration process from Australia to Canada is easier compared to other countries, as both the countries share similar language and cultural links.
Immigrants in Australia moving to Canada will get a life changing experience. Generally, moving to any country will be difficult, as they need to adjust to their culture, customs, life, and daily activity. But in this scenario, most of the activities are similar. Hence it will be easier to move to Canada as an Australian immigrant.
To migrate to Canada, individuals start looking for a job that is in demand in Canada. This helps to live a healthy and prosperous living in Canada. One among them is Financial Officers. The financial services sector in Canada offers many roles related to the fields of accounting, insurance, and investment.
According to the latest survey conducted on employees working as Financial Officers in Canada have portrayed higher levels of satisfaction. This satisfaction level is measured not only on the salaries but also by considering the progression made with experience in these jobs. These candidates are also upgraded with the skills with time, which means they have made professional development in their career, reaching top Financial Management positions.
Let us explore the Job Trends in Canada for Financial Officers.
Finance Officer in Canada – NOC 1311
Finance Officers in Canada (NOC 1311) accounts to maintain records, verify the deals and procedures related to financial transactions, prepare financial statements, etc.
Candidates working under Finance Officers are employed by
- Trust companies
- Investment firms
- Governments or
- They may be self-employed
Prevailing wages for a Finance Officer in Canada
The Finance Officer in Canada earns nearly CAD 66,082 per year. Generally, on an average they can earn CAD 52.20 per hour on a higher scale and CAD 20.67 per hour, the lowest. This figure varies based on the province you choose to work and settle.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||15||23||35.9|
|Prince Edward Island||14||19.23||28.21|
Eligibility criteria for a Finance Officer in Canada
Check out the below list of eligibility criteria for NOC 1311 occupation:
- Work experience related to accounting, financial advising and planning
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce and Economics or in a relatable field
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Commerce and Economics or in a relatable field
- An advanced degree in business could gain you extra favor
- A recognized professional accounting program in Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting
- Have experience in computer operability to handle accounting software or Microsoft Office
Roles and responsibilities of a Finance Officer in Canada
The roles and responsibilities of a Finance Officer group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Responsible for the finances and proper investments.
- Responsible for allocating resources in investments, expenditures and other details involved in financial decisions
- Prepare reports on the financial planning that has been executed and directives for future
- Look after the creation of budget and accounting of the company
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Train others, provide financial guidance and management expertise related to company operations and financial strategy
- Supervising and ensuring that accounting, budget and audit controls according to the Federal, Provincial and local governments
*Note: The tasks of a Financial Officer in Canada will depend on the level they stand in the organization. If the position is higher, their duties will differ accordingly.
Job titles for a Finance Officer in Canada
- Accounting technician
- Accounting bookkeeper
- Related occupations
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Payroll administrators
- Banking, insurance and other financial clerks
- Accounting and related clerks
Expertise required for a Finance Officer in Canada
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Reconcile accounts
- Post journal entries
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
Professional certification and licensing for a Finance Officer
There is no need for the Professional license requirements for this job role.
Job opportunities of a Finance Officer in Canada
If you are working as a Finance Officer have different job prospects depending on which province they decided to work in Canada. Find out what the future holds for them in your province or territory. These prospects are applicable to all the Finance Officers in Canada (NOC 1311).
Explore future job prospects by each province and territory.
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
Available jobs for a Finance Officer in Canada
There are 1,201 job postings in Canada
|Newfoundland and Labrador||5|
|Prince Edward Island||1|
How a Finance Officer can migrate to Canada?
Finance Officer is the most occupation under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program.
They can migrate to Canada through:
- Express Entry
- Alberta PNP
- QuebecSelected Workers Program
- British Columbia PNP
- Ontario PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Manitoba PNP
- Prince Edward Island PNP
- New Brunswick PNP
- Newfoundland and Labrador PNP
- Yukon Territory
- Northwest Territories
These are the best options for Finance Officer to migrate to Canada.
How to check the eligibility score to Canada for free?
People can check the eligibility score to Canada freely and instantly through Y-Axis Canada skilled immigration points calculator for free.
This score check will assist the applicants in the following:
- An evaluation of skill set will assist you in assessing the points for both the Express Entry CRS and theFederal Skilled Trades application.
- This evaluation will help to find Canada Equivalent Qualification, which will be used for professional registrations.
Candidates can permanently immigrate to Canada even if they don’t have a job offer but have a good CRS score and a Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa. On the other hand, on receiving a job offer, the candidate’s score will be increased because of the additional points, which allows them to enter the country more easily through Express Entry (PNP) draws.