Are you a Biotechnology Engineer and looking to settle in Overseas along with PR? Then Canada should be your first choice.
The biotechnology industry is flourishing in Canada and has become one of the high technology sectors. It also acts as the strong engine of bio-innovation, creating space for highly skilled candidates, and an objective for investment capital.
The key findings of the Canadian Biotechnology Industry Data Survey state that more than 200 Canadian companies from all regions of the country are in the developmental stage with a diverse range of technology development and products. These developments lead to lots of job opportunities for Biotechnology Engineers in Canada.
Let us discuss the Canada job trends – Biotechnology Engineers for immigrants in Australia, looking to migrate to other countries.
Biotechnology Engineers – NOC 2134
A Biotechnology Engineer should plan and conduct research studies related living organisms, and uses cells and the Biotechnology properties of cells to advance our knowledge of living organisms by developing and producing new and improved products in the areas of healthcare, crop production and agriculture, nonfood or industrial uses of crops and other products, or for environmental uses.
Test and apply the ongoing innovations and discoveries in chemistry and biology to create materials and devices for human use.
Wages for a Biotechnology Engineer in Canada 2022
The wages for a Biotechnology Engineer in Canada differs based on the province. Below table denotes the low, median and high wages (per hour) of the provinces, where the Biotechnology Engineers are in demand in Canada.
Eligibility criteria for Biotechnology Engineers in Canada
To get qualified, the Biotechnology Engineer should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biotechnology Engineering or any related stream.
- Work Experience: 4-6 years in GxP environment typically for design or operation of pharmaceutical packaging operations, including sterile / aseptic manufacturing. Previous experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry, with knowledge of requirements for a cGMP operations. Possess leadership skills and be able to take initiative to lead projects, involving multiple stakeholders, departments, and varying complexity. Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Language proficiency: Proficient in English or French.
- Police verification certificate: Need to get the past 5 years (excluding speeding offences).
Candidates who meet all the above criteria can apply under Fast Track Work Program as a Biotechnology Engineer.
Roles and responsibilities of Biotechnology Engineers – NOC 2134
- Lead or participate in design or operations of formulation, mixing, or other preparation of the active agents (like, sterile liquids or lyophilized powders) into its final forms and containers by fill / finish and packaging like, vials, pre-filled syringes and other delivery systems
- Work with production group to create User Requirements Specifications (URS) for ongoing operations or new projects.
- Collaborate with vendors for fill / finish packaging machinery, equipment systems, automation controls, materials and consumables, to create Design Specifications (DS) and Functional Specifications (FS) to implement solutions for reducing contamination risks & process failures
- Assess current fill finish / packaging operations for troubleshooting, efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities
- Spearhead innovations in implementing Client delivery systems such as disposable injectors, cartridge-based reusable pen injectors and single-use systems or components
- Perform reliability studies on fill/finish packaging equipment
- Perform optimization studies for the optimal use of fill finish equipment systems for use in production campaigns
- Support documentation and/or execution of FAT / SAT / Commissioning, Qualification of fill finish packaging systems
- Ideally, possess working knowledge of upstream bio-processing and downstream purification
- Coordinate meetings with cross-functional departments to drive project progress, facilitate decisions, provide updates to higher management
- Work may require occasional support over shutdowns or extended hours, specifically during installation and commissioning / validation phases
Expertise of a Biotechnology Engineers – NOC 2134
- People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Conduct economic and technical feasibility studies
- Design and test Biotechnology processing and associated plants and equipment
- Conduct research into the development or improvement of Biotechnology engineering processes, reactions and materials
- Establish and conduct quality control programs, operating procedures and control strategies
- Develop guidelines and specifications for the handling of dangerous products, environmental protection, or standards for foods, materials and consumer goods
- Oversee the construction, modification, operation and maintenance of pilot plants, processing units or processing plants
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders
- Evaluate Biotechnology process technology and equipment and determine production specifications
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers
Checklist of Skills and knowledge required
The below listed skills and knowledge are essential to get qualified for NOC 2134.
- Co-ordinating and Organizing
- Inspecting and Testing
- Analyzing Information
- Researching and Investigating
- Professional Communicating
- Advising and Consulting
Engineering and Technology
- Engineering and Applied Technologies
Law and Public Safety
- Public Safety and Security
Manufacturing and Production
- Processing and Production
Mathematics and Science
Job titles for Biotechnology Engineer
- Biotechnical engineer
- Adhesives engineer
- Biochemical engineer
- Chemical engineer, environmental
- Chemical process engineer
- Industrial hygiene engineer
- Pulp and paper engineer
- Industrial waste treatment engineer
- Liquid fuels engineer
- Petrochemical engineer
- Polymer engineer
- Chemical process control engineer
- Chemical project engineer
- Refinery engineer
- Waste treatment engineer
Professional license requirements for a Biotechnology Engineer
Before you can start working, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority. This requirement can vary with each province.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Alberta||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta|
|British Columbia||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia|
|Manitoba||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Engineers Geoscientists of Manitoba|
|New Brunswick||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Nova Scotia||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia|
|Nunavut||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Ontario||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Professional Engineers Ontario|
|Prince Edward Island||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island|
|Québec||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec|
|Saskatchewan||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan|
|Yukon||Biotechnology Engineer||Regulated||Engineers of Yukon|
Job Prospects of Biotechnology Engineer in Canada for 2021-2023
To explore the future job prospects (2021-2023), follow the table for province and territory details
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Undetermined|
|Prince Edward Island||Undetermined|
Detailed analysis of Biotechnology engineers for the next 10 years
For Biotechnology engineers, during 2019-2028 years, new job openings are expected to total 3,600, while 5,500 new job seekers (arising from school leavers, immigration and mobility) are expected to be available to fill them.
How a Biotechnology Engineer can migrate to Canada?
Biotechnology engineer is the most demanding occupation under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program.
They can migrate to Canada through:
- Express Entry
- British Columbia PNPTech Pilot program
- QuebecSelected Workers Program
- Manitoba PNP
- New Brunswick PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Ontario PNP
These are the best options for Biotechnology engineers to migrate to Canada.
How to check the eligibility score to Canada for free?
People can check the eligibility score to Canada freely and instantly through Y-Axis Canada skilled immigration points calculator for free.
This score check will assist the applicants in the following:
- Firstly, a positive evaluation of skill set will assist you in assessing the points for both the Express Entry CRS and theFederal Skilled Trades application.
- Secondly, the positive skills evaluation will help find Canada Equivalent Qualification, which will be used for professional registrations.
Candidates can permanently immigrate to Canada even if they don’t have a job offer but have a good CRS score and a Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa. On the other hand, on receiving a job offer, the candidate’s score will be increased by 50 to 200 points, which allows them to enter the country more easily through Express Entry (PNP) draws.