Let’s discuss the German job seeker visa and how to obtain it to work in Germany.
What is German Job Seeker Visa?
The visa acts as a long-term permit for residency. It allows you to stay in Germany for up to 6 months. In this period, you can seek an opportunity to work in Germany and once you find a place to work you will be issued a German work permit or Germany work visa.
The Germany Job Seeker visa only allows you to live in Germany and seek a job opportunity and you cannot start working with the visa.
Requirements to obtain a Germany job seeker visa
- You must be eligible to apply
- You must compile and submit all documents necessary
- You must fill out an application form as well as book a visa appointment
- Have at least 5 years of experience in your field of study
- Hold a Bachelor/Master Degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree
- Produce proof of having sufficient funds to cover your stay while you are in Germany
- Have medical or travel insurance for the entire period of your being in Germany or until you obtain your work permit
- A valid passport (issued in the past 10 years, valid for a minimum of 12 months post your scheduled date of return)
- A cover letter that explains your objective of visiting Germany, your plan to find a job, and your alternative plans for a career if you fail to find a job
- Proof of accommodation in Germany (your place of stay while being in Germany)
- Proof of your health insurance
- A copy of your passport’s data page
- Diploma/degree (or any other document that proves your academic qualification from a German/non-German university) as well as any certificate of work experience previously gained
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the period you stay in Germany by showing one of the following documents:
- Bank account statement
- Blocked bank account
- A formal obligation letter (Verpflichtungserklärung) issued by a sponsor in Germany
- 3 passport pictures based on specifications for biometrics
- Your detailed CV
- Proof of personal status in your home country (E.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, and others (translated in English))
You have to submit the filled form at the nearest German embassy. After scrutinizing your application, documents, and interview, the decision on allowing the job seeker visa will be made.
|Find out your eligibility to immigrate to Germany all by yourself. Click here to find out.|
For expert immigration services, contact Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company. Click here to connect with us.
Read these recommended articles: