Are you in Australia on a temporary work visa or a study visa? Are you interested in becoming an Australia PR? Then here we are giving you the information you need about the process of becoming a permanent resident in Australia in 2022.
Step 1 – Finding the right visa to apply for
Australia offers over 40 visas for international candidates that enable them to arrive in Australia and work and live permanently. It’s up to you to figure which Australia PR visa suits you.
Let’s look at some of the Australia PR visa categories:
Family-based Australia PR
Do you already have an Australian citizen/permanent resident who is a family member of yours? If yes, that could fetch you the chance to immigrate to Australia. The visas could be applicable for:
- Dependent relatives
Work-based Australia PR
- Foreign workers sponsored by employers – An Australian employer sponsors a foreign national to work in Australia
- Skill Select – For workers who have skills that are in demand in Australia
- General Skilled Migration – For those with skills in demand in Australia but aren’t sponsored by an Australian employer
- Doctors and Nurses – Australia PR for doctors and nurses offered when their need arises
Step 2 – Ensure that you meet the requirements of the chosen visa
Be mindful of the many requirements attached to the visa that you have selected. Before you apply for the visa, be sure that you meet all the essential criteria and have completed all requirements to be eligible to apply for the visa.
Step 3 – Apply for an Australian Migrant visa
Download the application form from the DHA website and apply along with supporting documents.
Step 4 – Wait for the decision on your application
The decision on your application could take weeks or months to arrive depending on the visa you applied for.
Step 5 – Get your visa
Once your application gets approved, you will receive your Australia PR visa. Now you can live and work permanently in Australia. The visa will have to be renewed every 5 years.
With the Australia PR you will get:
- Right to work
- Right to public education
- Right to apply for citizenship
- Right to travel freely between Australia and New Zealand without a visa
- Right to sponsor relatives to immigrate to Australia
We recommend these articles for you to read: