Making a career in South Africa? Interesting thought, right? Well, let’s tell you why to work overseas in South Africa is more than just an interesting thought.
- Many employers in South Africa have shifted to remote/hybrid work. Employees can work from home and the office while the COVID-19 pandemic is around.
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act protects your rights as an employee. As this Act dictates, you as an employee can have maternity leave, annual leave, family responsibility leave, and sick leave among other things.
- The big cities of South Africa have the presence of the world’s top employers. like Google, Deloitte, Microsoft, Amazon, General Electric, and Ernest and Young.
- You will find South African companies to be great performers as employers. There are 5 South African companies that got featured in Forbes’ with good rankings. They include:
- Discovery Holdings (Financial Services & Banking)
- Aveng (Construction, Mining & Chemicals, Oil & Gas Operations)
- Absa Group (Financial Services & Banking)
- Old Mutual (Financial Services & Banking)
- Sanlam (Financial Services & Banking)
- Cape Town is counted among the world’s most exciting tech cities.
- Cape Town is known as Africa’s ‘startup capital’.
- Cape Town has also been named among the 30 top tech cities in the world. This was revealed in Savills Tech Cities Index of 2019. The best part, it was the only African city that made it to the ranking!
- South Africa is famed for being a beautiful country; in fact, one of the most beautiful among world countries!
All that said, if you are interested in exploring the prospects of going ahead with the idea to work overseas in South Africa, here’s some more information to motivate you.
The job sectors that have the most demand for skilled workers in South Africa are
- ICT (Information Communication & Technology)
- Academics & Education
Now, let’s check out the highest paying jobs in South Africa that are going to maintain their status even in 2022:
|Occupation||Average Salary per annum|
|Fashion Designer||R136,000 (entrant) R339,000 (5-9 years’ experience)|
|Digital Marketing Specialist||R212,000 (entrant) R399,000 (5-9 years’ experience)|
|Pilot||R390,000 (entrant) R350,000 (5-9 years’ experience)|
|Teachers/Educators||R201,000 (entrant) R225,000 (5-9 years’ experience)|
There are lot more prospects in the relatively unexplored nations of the world. Come to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company to learn more about your best career prospects if you work overseas. Click here to connect with us.
Read these recommended articles too: