To explore Canada immigration is to find out more about the most popular immigration systems of the world. Canada is a highly welcoming country for immigrants. The country finds immense value in immigrants’ contribution to its economic development. Moreover, Canada is an international hub for education.
Canada is currently the best country in the world. If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, we are here to introduce you to the different pathways to do so. Here they are:
Canada Express Entry
- Express Entry opens a pathway for skilled workers in Canada/overseas to obtain a Canada PR visa.
- It’s the fastest visa processing system wherein potential skilled foreign workers, get a visa in 6 months or less.
- Canada Express Entry is responsible for the management of Canada PR applications under federal economic immigration programs namely:
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- It’s possible for Canadian provinces and territories to recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool via PNPs in order to meet their local labor market requirements.
Through family sponsorship, it’s possible for your relatives to live, work, and study in Canada if they become Canada PR visa holders. You can sponsor certain relatives, allowing them to come to Canada. For this, you have to be at least 18 years old. Besides that, you may be either
- A Canada PR visa holder/Canadian citizen, or
- A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
The Canada PNP program contributes to Canada immigration. It’s meant for workers with:
- The education, skills, and work experience to make their contribution to the province’s economy
- The intention to live in a certain province
- The intention to become Canada PR visa holders
Every Canadian province and territory has immigration streams of its own. The streams indicate the target groups the province is inviting and nominating subject to their requirements.
The immigrant category targeted by a program stream could be:
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
- business people
You may arrive in Canada on a Canada Student visa. After your graduation, during which you are allowed to work in Canada for limited hours, you could stay back in Canada and work on a PGWP. To be eligible for a PGWP, your study program in Canada must have been at least 8 months in duration.
With a work permit, your profile gets more advantages and you will now be able to garner eligibility and better profile scores. That will help you apply for a Canada PR visa and if you got through it, you will become a permanent resident.
Quebec-selected skilled workers
Quebec has an immigration system of its own, like Canada’s federal immigration system. If you are a skilled worker, wanting to become a permanent resident in Canada, ready to settle in Quebec, you can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker selected by Quebec.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Through this pilot, employers in the Atlantic Canada region can hire skilled foreign workers who are interested in immigrating to Atlantic Canada. International graduates who are interested in staying in Atlantic Canada can also make use of this pilot to immigrate to Canada.
|Note: The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is closing on December 31, 2021. From then, provincial endorsements won’t be issued anymore. In case you have a provincial certificate of endorsement that’s valid, you will still be able to apply for Canada PR under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot. This is possible till March 5, 2022. A new program will replace this pilot program.|
Immigrate as caregivers
You can arrive in Canada as a caregiver either on a temporary work permit or as a Canada PR visa holder.
Are you an entrepreneur? If yes, then a start-up visa program will help you immigrate to Canada. You can do so by starting a business in Canada, creating jobs, or giving support to entrepreneurs who innovate.
You can immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident as a self-employed person. It’s required that you must have:
- Relevant experience in athletics and cultural activities
- The willingness and ability to significantly contribute to the athletic or cultural life of Canada
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
A community-driven program, this Pilot is designed to help smaller communities get the benefits of economic immigration. This is achieved by creating a Canada PR path for skilled foreign workers interested in living and working in one of the participating communities.
So, as you can see, Canada offers quite a lot of pathways that lead to Canada immigration. Explore these pathways, and choose the best one for you.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: