So, you are in Australia and you are hearing all this talk around Canada immigration and UK immigration. You are getting to know that these are 2 potential countries like Australia where permanent residency could mean a dream come true. It’s natural that you get curious, at least to just know what’s all the hype about.
Understanding how Canada immigration and UK immigration work is important to learn how to plan your immigration to one of these countries. Each country has its own unique features. They make immigration to these countries popular and well-desired.
Why immigrate to Canada?
- Canada is a great place to find world-class education in world-class universities and colleges.
- Canada needs skilled and educated immigrants to help them develop their economic and social sectors. They need immigrants in the thousands.
- Canada is home to the world’s most cherished job opportunities. Skilled workers are offered numerous pathways to arriving in Canada with the opportunity to become permanent residents.
- The opportunities in sectors like IT, healthcare, and hospitality are numerous for qualified individuals.
Why immigrate to the UK?
- British education has been recognized the world over and the UK has some of the oldest as well as the best universities in the world.
- Britain is the hub of opportunities for skilled workers: both high-skilled and low-skilled labor.
- There’s the opportunity for citizenship via naturalization after 5 years of stay in the UK if you fulfilled certain criteria.
- It’s easy to obtain a work permit in the UK.
Comparison of immigration systems of Canada and the UK
The UK has adopted a points-based system of immigration, similar to that of Canada immigration, from the beginning of 2021. So, there will be a lot similar between both systems of immigration. Still, they can be compared and certain unique features explored in each system.
Let’s make the comparison based on different categories of immigrants.
|UK Skilled Worker Program||Canada Express Entry System|
|You will need at least 70 points out of 130 to qualify.||You must have at least 67 points out of 100 for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
The average minimum CRS score applied as the cut-off score for Express Entry draws is 470 out of 1200.
|You must have a job offer issued by a sponsor licensed by the Home Office.||You won’t need a job offer to be eligible.|
|You must be offered a minimum salary of £25,600||There’s no requirement specified for a minimum salary.|
|The Seasonal Worker Pilot will run till the end of 2021. It will help in recruiting temporary workers for specific roles in a limited number.||There are many programs for semi-skilled and unskilled workers. These cater to those who want to work in Canada on a seasonal or temporary basis. These include TFWP and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program.|
Health workers & Care providers
|The Health and Care visa is a pathway offered for immigration for individuals with a job offer from the NHS (the healthcare department of the UK government).||There are immigration pathways offered to Home Care Providers. They help home care support workers as well as childcare providers to immigrate to Canada to work for any employer they choose.|
|The Youth Mobility Scheme enables individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 years to work in the UK. They will come from more than 30 countries participating in the scheme.||The Working Holiday visa enables individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 years to work in Canada for not more than 2 years. They will come from more than 30 countries participating in the program.|
|The Startup Innovator Program lets innovative entrepreneurs invest at least £50,000 to run businesses in the UK.||The Start-up Visa Program lets innovative businesspeople invest at least CAD 75,000 to run an existing business or start a new one.
Another option for immigration for entrepreneurs is the Self-employed Program.
So, now you have an idea about how the UK and Canada encourage immigrants to move into these countries. Of course, a leading immigration and visa company in the world like Y-Axis can definitely expand your knowledge about the processes of Canada immigration and UK immigration.
Click here to connect with Y-Axis. We have the best immigration plans and suggestions for you to learn about.
Since you came this far into this article, how about reading some more interesting articles on immigration?