Quebec, Canada’s francophone province held a round of invitations on August 19, 2021. In the draw, MIFI invited 502 immigration candidates to file applications for permanent selection.
Unlike other provinces of Canada, Quebec immigration happens to be managed by its own body known as MIFI. In the August 19 draw, MIFI invited immigration candidates under the QSWP.
|A joint venture of the Quebec government and the Canadian government, QSWP enables the highly educated and trained foreigners to do Quebec immigration as skilled workers.|
Criteria for eligible candidates
Candidates had to register their EOI in Arrima, Quebec’s online registration portal. An EOI registration will convey to the province that you are interested in Quebec immigration. In that case, Quebec would be glad to issue an invitation to you to apply for permanent selection.
More on the Quebec draw
The eligible candidates who got invited had a minimum score of 548. Their occupations were also on the targeted list of occupations. Targeted occupations are in-demand jobs that Quebec requires skilled foreign workers for so that they meet the province’s labor market needs.
Here are the target occupations and their respective NOC codes:
- NOC 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- NOC 2241 – Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2133 – Electrical & electronics engineers
- NOC 2281 – Computer network technicians
- NOC 2141 – Industrial & manufacturing engineers
- NOC 2282 – User support technicians
- NOC 2147 – Computer engineers other than software engineers and designers
- NOC 2283 – Information systems testing technicians
- NOC 2171 – Information systems analysts & consultants
- NOC 5131 – Producers, directors, choreographers, and related occupations
- NOC 2172 – Database analysts & data administrators
- NOC 5223 – Graphic arts technicians
- NOC 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
- NOC 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC 6221 – Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
- NOC 2175 – Web designers and developers
The draw held on August 19, 2021, was the 7th draw Quebec conducted in 2021. In 2021 so far, the province has issued invitations to 1,562 Quebec immigration candidates. They were invited to apply for permanent selection.
Though Quebec independently invites immigration candidates, it’s IRCC that takes the final decision on whether the candidates can move to Canada or not.
|Is Canada immigration on your mind? If yes, get a self-evaluation done for eligibility check. Click here and check eligibility for free.|
Connect with us!
Canada immigration is taken up by so many people around the world for the sake of employment and career-building and settling down as a Canada PR. If you are interested in expert guidance and professional services about immigrating to Canada, then click here to connect with Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
Did you find this article informative? We encourage you to check out other titles too!
- The best pathways: A comparison of the UK and Canada immigration
- Canada immigration watch: The best places in Canada for immigrants
EOI – Expression of Interest
NOC – National Occupational Classification
MIFI – Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
QSWP – Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program