Posted on September 19 2022
*Check your eligibility to Canada instantly through Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator instantly for free.
Statistics Canada has revealed, that between the years 2016 and 2041, the immigrant population will see a massive increase from 7.2 percent and 12.1 percent.
In 19 years, Canada predicts a percentage increase between 29.1 percent to 34.0 percent compared to 2016 which was 21.9 percent.
This record-breaking increase in the immigrant population is said to be the highest in the history of 155 years.
We all know that the world can possibly change to a great extent in the next 20 years, and this applies to Canada as well.
On September 8, 2022, Statistics Canada released the 2041 demographics of the country. The predictions are rooted way back to the Census from 2016, which provides awareness of the current figures and statistics of the country. In approximately 19 years, these key insights may provide a particular point of view of the demographics.
Following the trend which started two years ago, Immigration in Canada is projected to be the population driver for the coming decades. It is predicted that Canada is set to witness a record-breaking population by 2041. Statistics Canada has revealed, that between the years 2016 and 2041, the immigrant population will see a massive increase from 7.2 percent and 12.1 percent.
In 19 years, Canada predicts a percentage increase between 29.1 percent to 34.0 percent compared to 2016 which was 21.9 percent. This all-time increase in the immigrant population is the highest in the history of 155 years.
According to the prediction of the increase in immigrants by 2041, it is highly expected that the immigrants and their children born in Canada, will be a total of 52.4 percent, which is half the population of Canada.
In comparison to 2016 with a population of 14.4 million and an immigrant group of a total of 40 percent, Canada will see an increase of 12.4 percent. The total of 52.4 percent may just be the average of the other possible outcomes and it is suggested that the actual percentage could be the highest of 54.3 percent.
According to the projected population of Canada of 47.7 million by 2041, the total number of immigrants and their children born in Canada may total between the percentage of 23.7 and 25.9 million.
The demographics of the population of Canada in 2041 reveal the racial minority may reach a total ranging between 16.4 and 22.3 million individuals.
This would record an increase in a racialized population ranging between 38.2% and 43% compared to the number of people in 2016 with 22.2 percent.
There is no question about the demographic changes that have been projected by Canada by the end of 2041. But there remains a doubt about where in Canada would the immigrants choose to migrate and settle.
Many of these reasons have created high pressure on the development of the infrastructure in the urban areas, as well as the housing market. Besides, the current reality of the country is not expected to bring change in the future.
The reports of Statistics Canada state that, most of the immigrants would choose to live in the Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) and three more cities such as Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto. These cities are ready to invite a higher number of immigrants, who can be assumed to be a greater part in the upcoming decades.
The overwhelming increase in the population of immigrants may intensify the ethnocultural gaps which are currently present all across the country, in the coming decades.
*To know the latest immigration news, follow the Y-Axis blog page…
Besides that, the inverse reality is awaited to fall into place in Quebec, eastern Canada, rural communities, and almost every province’s other Census Metropolitan Areas.
Most of the percentage of the immigrant population will be recorded from these places which will fall below the national average.
If you found this article engaging, continue to read…
Migrate to Canada
Get it on your mobile
Get News alerts
Posted On December 09 2023
Luxembourg, the richest country in the world, releases a Residence Permit. Apply now!