Finland Immigration from Australia
Finland has a good standard of living. For the third year in a row, it has been named the “Happiest Country in the World.” Residents of the country can take use of universal healthcare and a well-functioning public education system. The working environment is well-regulated here. The country provides a safe and secure environment for its citizens.
Finland has a population of 5.5 million people and a GDP of 45,700 dollars. These are some of the reasons why Finland is a preferred migration destination
Migrating to Finland
While EU citizens find it easy to migrate to Finland because it is part of the EU, non-EU citizens will have to apply for a residence permit, if they wish to stay here for more than 90 days.
When you apply for a residence permit, ensure that you give the right reason for doing so. This can be for:
- Working in Finland
- Moving to Finland to be with a family member
- Studying in Finland
- Coming to Finland on other grounds
Applying for permanent residency
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible for a permanent residence permit:
- You have had a continuous residence permit (the A permit) in Finland for the past four years; and
- The criteria for getting a permanent residency visa are still in place.
- The four-year term begins when:
- If you had a continuous residence permit when you arrived in Finland; or if you had a temporary residence permit when you arrived in Finland.
- If you applied for your permission in Finland, on the first day of your first continuous residence permit; or
- If you have been granted a continuous residence permit based on refugee status or subsidiary protection on the day of your admission into Finland.
You can make your application for permanent residency only from within Finland.
What is the online application process for permanent residency?
- Using your online banking credentials, Citizen Certificate, or Mobile ID, you must first log in and confirm your identification.
- Fill out the application form and attach the needed attachments. The Finnish Immigration Service’s website has information about the required enclosures. Pay the processing cost for the residence permit as well.
- Within three months, you must attend a Finnish Immigration Service center. Make an appointment in advance through the Finnish Immigration Function’s website’s appointment booking service.
- Keep an eye on your Enter Finland account. You will be notified via your account if more documents are required. Your account will also be notified of the decision.
What are the grounds for rejection of your PR application?
You have committed a crime that could result in a prison sentence.
You are suspected of committing a crime that could result in a prison sentence.
You’ve been convicted of two or more offences.
You’ve been charged with two or more offences.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.