CHOOSE THE BEST PLACES TO STUDY ABROAD, TAKE ADMISSION IN UNIVERSITIES OVERSEAS
It’s the most important decision of your life to study more. It only gets better when you decide to study abroad!
There is a wide range of choices of educational institutions overseas and the countries that offer the best courses and future prospects are waiting for you to arrive there.
Countries like Canada, the UK, Australia, and the USA have universities with a remarkable legacy. Their renowned institutions are making their presence evident in world rankings.
With so much that world countries offer to international students in terms of incentive to join their universities and colleges, it’s hard to resist the prospect of studying abroad.
Why study abroad?
Here are some quick reasons to study abroad:
- You will get to study differently as you will experience new ways of teaching and gain a very different perspective of quality education.
- Studying abroad makes you independent, far away from home, managing things all by yourself, making you extremely self-reliant.
- You will gain life experience like never before, living in a completely different country and cultural environment.
- You will develop language skills and even imbibe new languages.
- You will gain a global perspective of things and will even get to access opportunities that are global in scope.
- More and more governments and institutions are rolling out dedicated scholarships to encourage international students to come out and study abroad.
- You have the option of choosing feasible yet high-quality educational programs that will help you study and find work after study.
- You will make friends with people from all over the world as most world locations and campuses renowned for overseas educations feature a multicultural environment. Networking with global citizens will work to your advantage in more ways than one.
The best places to study abroad
There are a lot of variables at play when you decide the best location that meets your expectations. Some of the variables are:
- The field you are into
- Personal interests
- Cost involved
- Career prospects in the foreign country
Some of the popular destinations are Canada, Australia, the US, Germany, and the UK.
Getting there to study abroad
So, since you have decided to study abroad and checked out world destinations with various considerations, you must also have shortlisted your options. World rankings of countries and institutions could be a good reference for deciding the country and institution you want to learn from.
Now you have to understand what the admission procedures are in the universities that you have shortlisted. With expert overseas education consultants like Y-Axis, this job becomes easier and clearer. After all, we won’t let you miss out on any detail and hence help you be as knowledgeable you must be.
Learning the admission procedure is an important aspect of going ahead with your plan to study abroad.
Going ahead with the admission procedure
By now, if you have looked up the websites of your choices of universities, we trust that you haven’t missed checking out the following:
- Admission times and semester timelines
- Cost of education and living expenses
- Opportunities to work on the campus
- Availability of accommodation
- The facility to study from the home country in view of COVID-induced travel restrictions.
Applying for a university
Here are some important matters to remember when applying to a university abroad:
- Check the entry requirements like qualifications and required grades/marks.
- Know the deadline for submitting applications and apply in time, preferably earlier than later.
- Make all the necessary arrangements like organizing finances, applying for scholarships, and getting a student visa.
- In top universities, you will be required to submit a personal statement that tells all about your aspirations and interest in the field of study you have chosen. Basically, the statement reveals your level of motivation and your genuine intentions and aspirations from the course of study. It opens a valuable opportunity for international students to open up and impress the university.
Mistakes to steer clear of while applying to universities
- International students mustn’t translate the original names of their qualifications to supposedly suit the new country.
- Don’t be unprepared without the necessary qualifications and skills (viz. Language skills), the details of which you will have to give in the application.
- Don’t fail to show that you are genuinely aspiring and resolute to study the course chosen. This must reflect in your fundamental education gained and your attitude while presenting documents like a personal statement. Academicians abroad will prefer to offer a course to those who they can believe are going to successfully complete the course. So, even if you are rejected on the first attempt, try again.
Documents to submit with an application
The following are the most common documents international students are asked to be submitted with the application to universities.
- Passport photos for identification
- Certificate and transcripts of your secondary education
- Results of admissions test (e.g., GMAT/GRE results)
- A statement of purpose
- Academic references/letters of recommendation
- Proof of proficiency in the English language (e.g., a TOEFL/IELTS certificate)
For more guidance from experts with regard to study overseas and overseas admissions, connect with us at Y-Axis.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.