Australia Investor Visa: The Ideal Migration Solution For HNIs And Entrepreneurs
If you want to start a business in Australia or invest in one that already exists, you’ll need to apply for an Australia investor visa. There are numerous types of investment visas available in Australia.
The Australian entrepreneur visa program assists entrepreneurs, senior executives, and investors in establishing new or expanding existing businesses in Australia.
This could be a stepping stone to permanent residence. After establishing your business with a provisional business visa (Business innovation and investment (provisional) visa), you will be eligible for permanent residence.
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (Subclass 188)
With this visa you can own and manage a business in Australia or conduct a business or investment activity entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
- Submission of your Expression of Interest in SkillSelect
- Nomination from a state or territory government agency or Austrade
- Invitation to apply
The applicant must qualify for either one of the following three visa sub-categories:
- Business Innovation
- Business Investment
- Classification as a significant investor
When submitting the application, the candidate must be under the age of 55. They should either have a defined business strategy or be willing to invest in an existing Australian business. He should have at least 65 points, which are based on age, education, previous business operations, and investment experience, among other things.
The provisional visa program has seven categories:
- Business Innovation Stream- This provisional visa allows you to operate a new or existing business in Australia. You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Investor stream- For this you will require at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and maintain your business and investment activity in Australia.
- Significant investor stream- People willing to invest at least AUD 5 million in Australian investments can apply for this visa. They must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Business innovation extension stream- With this visa holders of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa can extend their stay in Australia for 2 more years. For this extension applicants must have had Business Innovation stream visa for at least 3 years and must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Significant investor extension stream- With this visa holders of the Significant Investor stream can extend their stay in Australia for up to 4 more years. For this extension applicants must have had Significant Investor stream for at least 3 years and must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade.
- Premium Investor stream-This visa requires nomination by Austrade and an investment of at least AUD 15 million in Australian enterprises or in philanthropic contribution.
- Entrepreneur stream-With this visa you can carry out entrepreneurial activities in Australia.
You must register and submit an expression of interest to the Department of Home Affairs.
Wait for a nomination from a state or territory, or go straight to Austrade and wait for an intimation.
After obtaining an invitation, you can apply for a visa.
The applicant’s business must engage in one of the following activities:
- Connect with overseas markets to expand the business.
- Create job opportunities in Australia.
- Make use of Australian products and services.
- Produce or deliver goods or services that would otherwise have to be imported.
- Make new and better technology.
The Australia investor visa, also known as the Subclass 891 visa, is for foreigners who intend to start a business or invest in Australia. You can stay in the nation indefinitely with this visa.
Australia investor visa
You must have a Subclass 162 visa as your primary visa.
You must have spent at least 2 years in the nation in the previous 4 years before to the date of your application while on a Provisional) visa (subclass 162).
You must have held a 1.5 million Australian dollar specified investment for four years.
You must demonstrate a willingness to continue your company operations in Australia.
Your family members can be included in the application.
Australia permanent residency
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa, also known as Subclass 188, can help you gain permanent residency in Australia. If you have been on a Subclass 188 visa for at least one year and meet the financial conditions, you can apply for your PR visa. Aside from that, you’ll have to show that you have a long-term business interest by making frequent investments and hiring local staff for your business.
The Subclass 891 visa is essentially a perpetual residence permit. Individuals who have made the appropriate investment in the country, either alone or with a partner, are eligible for this visa, which allows them to stay in the country permanently.
Citizenship by investment in Australia
Although Australia does not offer a direct Citizenship by Investment program, the Australian Golden Visa program does provide the possibility of permanent residency, which can then be converted to citizenship.
In 2012, the Golden Visa was launched. High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) can obtain a permanent residency visa in Australia through investment immigration with this visa. To be eligible for this visa, applicants must be ready to invest AUD 5 million in a specified structure. Despite the enormous investment, it is regulated and limited.
There is no upper age limit for this visa, and the English language requirement can be waived. After four years, the candidate and his immediate family members are eligible for permanent residency. After 3-4 years of residency, including one year as permanent resident, a citizenship application can be filed.
How much money do I need to invest in Australia to gain permanent residency?
You can apply for the Subclass 891 Investor Visa if you want to become a permanent resident of Australia. You must invest AUD 1.5 million and have lived in Australia for at least two of the previous four years to qualify for this visa.
What is an Australian investor visa?
This visa is for persons who want to come to Australia to do business or invest. It allows you to stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time. To apply as a primary applicant, you must have a qualifying visa issued on a special basis.
What are the different types of Australia investor visas?
Australia offers a number of visa options to international investors who want to start a business there. These visa categories include the Subclass 891 visa, the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (Subclass 188) and the Australian Golden Visa for investors.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.