Ontario is the most preferred destination for newcomers in Canada. In 2019, 8,615 immigrants settled in Ontario.
On February 13, 2020, Ontario invited 486 candidates to apply for provincial nomination. This invitation for Express Entry candidates offered Permanent Residence. This draw invited workers in 10 different National Occupation Classifications (NOCs). These included:
- Financial managers, NOC 0111
- Corporate sales managers, NOC 0601
- Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers, NOC 0124
- Retail and wholesale trade managers, NOC 0621
- Financial auditors and accountants, NOC 1111
- Managers in customer and personal services, N.E.C., NOC 0651
- Other financial officers, NOC 1114
- Other administrative services managers, NOC 0114
- Professional occupations in business management consulting, NOC 1122
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses, NOC 3012
The applicant must prove work experience in his/her eligible NOC codes. If not, the applicant’s provincial nomination will get canceled. Once nominated, the candidate must apply to the Federal Government. This is done through IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). Granting Permanent Residence is finally IRCC’s decision.
Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
This is an immigration stream coming under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This program offers foreign workers the chance to settle and work in Ontario. To apply, they need enough skilled work experience, education and language skills.
The eligible candidates are issued NOIs (Notification Of Interest). These candidates then have 45 days to submit their applications. Missing the deadline will lapse their eligibility for provincial nomination.
A provincial nomination from Ontario will fetch a candidate an extra 600 points. This will get added to their CRS score. This will make sure that they get invited to apply for Canadian PR in a subsequent Express Entry Draw.
The aim of OINP is to help businesses in Ontario recruit the best talent from around the world.
To be considered for a provincial nomination via the HCP stream, you must first submit a profile in the Express Entry pool.
Keep track of Canadian provincial nomination draws. You will be able to grab the opportunity to live and work in Canada. Canada’s Express Entry program is your ticket to the prospective career scene in the country.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…