Ontario held an Ontario PNP draw that invited 48 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canada PR. This PNP draw was held by OINP on August 11, 2021. The candidates who get a provincial nomination will get a boosted opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
This was Ontario’s second-ever draw that involved candidates from the In-demand Skills stream. The new system of EOI implemented by OINP in this draw has replaced the old “first come first served” system that was in practice in Ontario PNP.
No minimum score was prescribed in the draw. Immigration candidates only had to adhere to the criteria including:
- Candidates must have a job offer from an Ontario employer
- Candidates have the eligibility for the In-demand Skills stream
There were specific NOC-labelled jobs that were mandated, from which a job must be offered. Check this list to learn about them:
Occupations in manufacturing (outside the GTA only)
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9421 – machine operators in chemical plants
- NOC 9437 – machine operators for woodworking
- NOC 9461 – machine operators and process control, processing of food, beverage, and associated products
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9537 – assemblers of other products, inspectors, and finishers
- NOC 9416 – machine workers for metalworking and forging
- NOC 9418 – machine operators for other metal products
- NOC 9422 – machine operators for plastics processing
- NOC 9446 – machine operators for industrial sewing
- NOC 9523 – fabricators, electronics assemblers, testers, and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters, and process operators for metal finishing
Occupations in Health & agricultural sector
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, patient service associates, and orderlies
- NOC 8431 – general farmworkers
- NOC 8611 – laborers in harvesting
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations (housekeepers excluded)
- NOC 8432 – workers at nurseries and greenhouses
- NOC 9462 – poultry preparers, meat cutters & industrial butchers, and related workers
A candidate, who’s selected, that candidate gets 14 days to apply for a provincial nomination. Getting a provincial nomination from Ontario brings the candidate closer to getting a Canada PR.
|Interested in learning if you are eligible for Canada immigration? Click here to find out.|
About the In-demand Skills Stream
Canadian provinces are often in need of skilled foreign workers who work in occupations that are in demand in the province. The In-demand Skills stream is a program that enables provinces to meet this requirement of skilled candidates to man essential jobs. These jobs could need high-skilled or low-skilled categories of workers.
Under the stream, foreign workers arriving with a job offer from an Ontario employer can apply for a nomination from the province. They are required to possess a cumulative job experience of 9 months within a period of 3 years into the past.
Work experience in seasonal jobs isn’t considered for eligibility. For part-time work experience, the candidate must have worked 1,200 work hours for remuneration for over 18 months. If candidates have had multiple jobs summing up the working experience, they must have worked for at least 30 hours weekly for 9 months.
Connect with us!
Canada is giving ample opportunities to work in its provinces and enrich your career. If you want to land in Canada on the right footing, you will need expert professional guidance.
Here are other engaging news articles for you from Y-Axis: