Are you willing to make a new beginning in the year 2022 in Canada? If yes, let’s explore some of the significant goals Canada is planning to achieve under Canada immigration.
Let’s start with the Canada immigration levels 2021-2023.
|Overall Canada PR admissions planned||401,000||411,000||421,000|
|Economic||Federal High Skilled||108,500||110,500||113,750|
|Economic Pilots: Caregivers; Agri-Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot; Food pilot||8,500||10,000||10,250|
|Atlantic Immigration Pilot program||6,000||6,250||6,500|
|Family||Partners, spouses & children||80,000||80,000||81,000|
|Parents & grandparents||23,500||23,500||23,500|
|Refugees and Protected Persons||Protected persons in Canada & dependents abroad||23,500||24,500||25,000|
|Resettled refugees (assisted by the government)||12,500||12,500||12,500|
|Resettled Refugees (Sponsored privately)||22,500||22,500||22,500|
|Resettled Refugees (office-referred Blended visa)||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Total Refugees & Protected Persons||59,500||60,500||61,000|
|Humanitarian and Other||Total Humanitarian & Compassionate and Other||5,500||5,500||6,000|
|Admissions to French-speaking immigration must meet the objective laid out in the Francophone Immigration Strategy||4.4% of total admissions outside Quebec|
The transition of NOC to TEER
With the NOC system, the Canadian government categorizes jobs in Canada. The NOC ensures that the work experience of Canada immigration candidates matches the requirements of the immigration program they are applying for.
After the structural changes to NOC that last happened in 2016, the next major update is going to happen in 2022. The aim of the new update is to make NOC more consistent, flexible, and accurate.
With the new update, immigration candidates will no longer use the job skill types of 0, A, B, C, or D in order to classify their skillset. When NOC will get transformed to TEER (Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibilities) system, jobs will be categorized as follows:
- TEER 0 – Management jobs (candidate need a degree)
- TEER 1 – The candidates have completed a university degree or have acquired years of experience in occupation from the TEER 2 category
- TEER 2 – The candidates must have either of the following:
- They have completed a 2-3 years post-secondary education program at community college or a 2-5 years apprenticeship training program
- They are involved with supervisory or significant safety responsibilities
- They have work experience of many years in a particular occupation from the TEER 4 category (only when applicable)
- TEER 3 – The candidates must have either of the following:
- They have completed a post-secondary education program (under 2 years) at community college/an institute of CEGEP
- They have done under 2 years of apprenticeship training
- They had over 6 months of on-the-job training/work experience/training courses along with secondary school education
- They have many years of experience in a particular occupation from the TEER 4 category (only when applicable)
- TEER 4 – The candidates must have either of the following:
- They have completed secondary school education
- They had many weeks of training on-the-job along with secondary school education
- They have many years of work experience in a particular occupation from the TEER 5 category
- TEER 5 – The candidate has to give a short demonstration of work and no requirements of formal education.
Quebec’s immigration plan
Quebec will be welcoming a record number of immigrants in 2022. In 2022, Quebec is planning to welcome between 49,500 and 52,500 newcomers. The province will also welcome an additional 18,000 people that it didn’t admit in 2020.
More developments in Canada immigration will happen in 2022. These will reflect the efficiency the country showed in handling the COVID-19 pandemic and the consistency it exhibits in keeping the opportunities for skilled immigration open for new aspiring immigration candidates.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: