South Australia has announced that applications for state sponsorship will be accepted from 3rd July. Nomination applications will be open on the Immigration SA website from midday of 3rd July.
New rules for immigration to South Australia would also become effective at the same time. The new Occupation List for state nomination is also now available, as per SBS News.
Changes have been made to both the international graduate and state nomination requirement. Hence, applicants should make a note of these changes before applying.
Here are the changes to the immigration rules for South Australia:
- Occupation List
South Australia has expanded the occupation list for State Nomination for 2019-20. There are 275 occupations which are available to South Australia residents as well as offshore applicants.
223 occupations are also available on the Supplementary Occupation List.
The Supplementary Occupation List is available to the below categories:
- International graduates of South Australia
- Candidates who have worked in South Australia in a skilled occupation for the last 12 months
- Candidates who have a blood relative living in South Australia for the last 2 years or more
- Candidates who have very high points, i.e., 80 or above
- High Points
Candidates who score 80 points or above inclusive of the state nomination points will be offered state nomination. This category helps South Australia attract high calibre candidates.
- ICT Occupations
Applicants who are nominating ICT occupations are required to have at least 75 points or above. These candidates should have a positive Skill Assessment Report from ACS. Candidates who are currently working in SA or are international graduates from SA require 65 points for ICT occupations.
- International graduates residing in SA long-term
This category is for international graduates who continue to reside in SA showing their long-term commitment. International graduates who have been living continuously in SA for the last 7 years can apply under this category.
Immigration South Australia will continue to offer a Subclass 489 state nomination:
- To an applicant who is a former or current international student residing in SA
- To an applicant who has continuously resided in SA for the last 7 years and continues to do so
- To an applicant who is currently working in South Australia for the last 3 months. The occupation need not be at a skilled level. However, the applicant needs to work at least 40 hours a fortnight.
- To an applicant who is currently pursuing at least a 1-year study course in South Australia
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including Australia General Skilled Migration Program via RMA, Australia Skilled Regional Visa, Australia Temporary Skilled Work Visa, and Australia Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…