Following what it did in July 2020, Italy has reopened more VACs in many parts of the world. These additional centers are delivering services that are for now limited in volume. But surely it opens the way for those who intend to arrive in Italy say on Italy visit visa.
The current additional reopening is also done in collaboration with VFS Global. It’s a technology service and outsourcing company that works for governments and diplomatic missions all over the world. Italian authorities too have outsourced the country’s visa services in several world nations to this company.
The services provided in these VACs include receiving Type D visa applications, as well as passport pass back services. The Italy VAC in Nairobi has resumed operations for Type D visas are meant for study, employment, and family reunions. A prior appointment will be needed to visit the VACs. The Nairobi VAC will be open only on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The following list shows the Italian VACs that have reopened and resumed work lately:
- Abidjan (Ivory Coast) accepting legalisation applications
- Nairobi (Kenya) delivering passport pass back services
- Doha (Qatar) accepting limited long-stay category and exceptional case applications
- Abuja & Lagos (Nigeria) accepting limited long-stay category and legalization applications
- Amman (Jordan) delivering passport pass back services
- Chennai, South Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kochi, and New Delhi (India) accepting limited long-stay category and legalization applications
- Dhaka (Bangladesh) accepting limited long-stay category and legalization applications
- Kolkata (India) accepting limited long-stay category applications
- Quito (Ecuador) accepting limited long-stay category applications
- Dakar (Senegal) accepting long-stay visa and legalization applications
VACs in the following countries have resumed accepting applications for long-term and short-term visas to stay in Italy:
- Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
The VACs in Melbourne, Australia is accepting applications for emergency cases only. These centers operate only from 9 am to 3 pm.
The VAC in Edinburgh (the UK) is working at reduced hours. VACs in London and Manchester are accepting short-stay applications in limited volume.
In China, the Italy VACs are operating as follows:
- The VAC in Beijing, China is accepting applications for exceptional cases.
- The VAC in Guangzhou is accepting applications for short stays.
- The VAC in Shanghai is accepting applications for long-stay in Italy.
- The VAC in Chongqing is accepting applications for long-stay in limited numbers.
As of now, entry into Italy is allowed only to citizens of:
- The EU (Italy included)
- San Marino
- The Schengen Member States
- Vatican City
- The UK
- Non-EU countries (third-country nationals) having long-term residence status in an EU country
Entry to Italy is allowed for nationals of the following third-countries:
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
Nationals of other third-countries can enter Italy only for essential purposes. These can include:
- health reasons
- absolute urgency
- return to one’s residence or home, or domicile
So, travel on Italy tourist visa will not be possible for now.
Also, recently Italy has also permitted entry to unmarried partners of Italian residents and citizens.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Europe, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
VAC – Visa Application Center