The COVID-19 crisis and its effect on migration plans of those who are willing to arrive and work in Canada on a Working Holiday visa have prompted IRCC’s latest decision. IRCC has decided to allow certain Working Holiday Visa holders to extend their LOIs before their imminent expiry. These few visa holders are those who are unable to travel to Canada due to COVID-19 regulations.
This policy is applied as an exception to few candidates ready to work in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa. In normal circumstances, the visa has a one-time validity.
However, IEC participants won’t get the benefit of this new policy. It’s also specified that the policy is applicable to the initial LOI issued between January 1, 2019, and April 30, 2020. The current LOI must expire before December 21, 2021. If Working Holiday Visa holders want to get an extension, they must apply for it before December 21, 2021.
Some important points to keep in mind
- Only if you live in designated countries will you be required to redo your medical examinations. If you are required to have one, you will be contacted by the immigration officer to have your consent for the procedure.
- If you agree to the new medical examination, your file may be reopened to submit the new request for the same.
- Upon receiving your medical examination, you may be allowed an extended LOI.
- An LOI without medical examination may be allowed to you in any one of the following cases where you:
- Haven’t lived in a designated country for 6 or more months consecutively in the year before the LOI extension was requested
- Have had an IME for a job offer in a designated valid job
- Don’t intend to renew your medical examination
- LOI extensions will be allowed based on individual cases, as the immigration officer sees fit.
- Approved LOI extensions will be for 12 months counted from the date of processing of the application or the expiry date of the current LOI.
So, what’s the takeaway from this news? Under Canada immigration, policies and decisions that are made help migrants to get the maximum utility from their purpose of moving to Canada like work, visit, or stay.
|Are you eligible to migrate to Canada? Click here and find out yourself for free!|
If you are interested to work in Canada, now that you have completed studies overseas, or are looking for a Canadian experience, we at Y-Axis are here to help. Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company offers expert guidance and professional migration services that help you move to the best destinations serving your purpose. Click here to contact us.
If you found this article interesting, please read these too: