Are you considering relocating from Singapore to Australia? If yes, here we are to guide you about how to migrate to Australia from Singapore.
There are various visa categories that you can check out to immigrate to Australia. Each visa category has a different set of eligibility criteria.
If you want to undergo Australia immigration from Singapore, you can lodge an application for an Australia PR visa that has a 5-year validity. This PR visa will allow you to stay and work in Australia along with your family. Once you complete 3 years on this visa, you become eligible for Australian citizenship.
Among the basic eligibility requirements prescribed by Australia’s points-based system is a minimum score of 65 points out of 100. Here’s a table that will detail the criteria:
|Proficiency in English (8 bands)||20|
|Age – 25 to 33 years||30|
|8 to 10 years of work experience in Australia||20|
|8 to 10 years of work experience outside Australia||15|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree in Australia||5|
|Education (outside Australia)
|· Study in one of Australia’s regional areas
· Professional year in a skilled program conducted in Australia
· Subclass 190 visa
· Accredited in community language
Visa programs you can go for
Skilled Migration Program
If you are applying for a visa through the GSM program you have to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- You must be under 45 years of age
- Skills you mentioned in the application must show in the Australian government’s Medium & Long-term Strategic Skills List
- You must undergo an assessment of skills, done by a designated assessing authority related to the occupation you are nominated for
- You must be in good health which designated authorities will assess
- You must have a good character which designated authorities will assess
With the right skills, you and your family members including your spouse/partner or dependent children can have an Australia PR visa.
Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Visa
It’s necessary that you must be invited before you lodge an application for the visa. The criteria you have to meet to qualify for this visa are the following:
- You must possess experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s SOL
- You must be less than 45 years of age
- You must meet character and health requirements
- You must get a skill assessment report issued by a designated authority
- You must meet the basic requirements of the GSM
- You must submit an EOI
- You must score a minimum of 65 points
After you receive an invitation to apply for the Subclass 189 visa, you must apply for a visa within 60 days.
Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated visa
If you are nominated by an Australian state or territory, you will be eligible to apply. The requirements are similar to that of Subclass 189 with the only exception of having experience in a nominated occupation listed on the SOL.
Subclass 491 – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional)
A replacement of Subclass 489 visa, this visa is a pathway to an Australia PR visa. Skilled foreign workers are allowed to live, study, and work in designated regional areas for 5 years. After 3 years of living so, they can become eligible for an Australia PR visa.
Other visa options
- Employer-sponsored migration
- Business Innovation & Investment program
- Distinguished Talent visa (Subclass 124 and Subclass 858)
- Family stream
|Know your eligibility for Australia immigration. Use the Australia points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
- Australia immigration guide – Migrating from S. Africa to Australia in 2022
- Job Trends in Canada – Software Engineer
PR – Permanent Residence
SOL – Skilled Occupation List
GSM – General Skilled Migration
EOI – Expression of Interest