Are you a South African national here in Australia on a temporary Australia work visa or doing your graduation in Australia? Are you interested in Australia immigration to become a permanent resident in Australia? Let’s guide your right on how to do it in 2022.
If you want to own an Australia PR visa, there are many immigration programs that can help you. That said, you must check out the General Skilled Migration scheme which is typically aimed at helping you obtain an Australia PR visa. The points-based system is used for the assessment of PR visa applications under this scheme.
You will need a minimum of 65 points to qualify. This sore will have the aggregate of points you earned for various factors such as education, age, adaptability, and work experience.
About the Skilled stream
Australia needs skilled immigrants to help develop the country’s economy. If you are sponsored by an employee in Australia, you have better chances to be able to immigrate to Australia.
The Skilled Migration Stream has 3 primary visa categories. Any of those visas require an invitation to apply. The criteria for eligibility for this stream are that you must:
- Possess experience in one of the nominated occupations listed in Australia’s Skilled Occupations List
- Get a report of skill evaluation for the particular occupation from a designated authority
- Fill out an EOI form
- Score at least 65 in the points test
- Be aged under 45 years
- Meet the standards prescribed for health and character
Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Visa
- It allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- You must be employed in a job on the MLTSSL.
- You must first submit an EOI via SkillSelect from within or outside Australia.
- If you are invited to apply, only then you can apply for the visa within 60 days of receiving the invitation.
Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa
- To be eligible to apply for this visa, you must be nominated by an Australian state/territory.
- To be fit for a position, you have to first submit an EOI to the state/territory you are going to work from.
- You must work in an occupation on STSOL.
Subclass 491 – Skilled Work Regional
- You and your family must reside, study, and work for 5 years in regional areas of Australia that are defined for you.
- You will be eligible for an Australia PR visa after 3 years of staying there.
- A qualified relative must recommend you or a government agency of a state/territory must sponsor you to be able to apply for the visa.
- If you have an Australian citizen/permanent resident as a close relative like spouse, partner, parents, dependent children you can immigrate via the family stream.
- Family members like elderly and dependent relatives, caregivers, and others are also eligible to relocate under this stream.
- To be eligible to apply for visas under this stream, a company based in Australia must sponsor you.
- The employers sponsoring you must prove that they are unable to recruit an Australian citizen of the required experience and skills.
Business Innovation & Investment program
- It’s for international entrepreneurs, investors, and top executives who are required to set up a new enterprise or develop and expand existing ones in Australia.
- You may obtain an Australia PR visa via this stream.
Distinguished Talent Visa
- This stream is for you if you have made significant contributions to your field like sports, arts, or academics.
- The stream has 2 subclasses namely Subclass 858 and Subclass 124.
Global Talent Stream
- It’s for tech-skilled candidates who can contribute to the innovation that happens in Australia’s future businesses.
Before you proceed to apply for a visa, check out the planning levels that the Australian government sets every year. The planning level is all about the number of places allowed for invitation under each immigration program.
|Know your eligibility for Australia immigration. Use the Australia points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
- Canada immigration to benefit from 8 more airports reopening soon
- Canada immigration targets – How Canada plans to reach 1.2mn. newcomers
EOI – Expression of Interest
PR – Permanent Residence
MLTSSL – Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List
STSOL – Short-term Skilled Occupation List occupation