Study Overseas Process

Sign up for free

expert consultation

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Personalized Services
Don't know what to do?

Get Free Counseling

Posted on August 25 2022

H-1B Visa Alternatives - US Reaches its Cap for Popular Work Visa for FY 2023

By Editor
Updated October 14 2023


  • The US has reached its cap for the fiscal year 2023.
  • The H-1B visa facilitates American organizations to employ international professionals.
  • The H-1B visa is popular among tech professionals.

Abstract: There are alternate visas to work in US other than the H-1B visa.

The US has received an ample number of applications required to reach the Congress-mandated H1-B visa cap of 65,000 for the FY or fiscal year 2023. The H-1B visa is a non-resident visa that facilitates companies in the U.S. to employ international workers in specialized professions that require technical or theoretical expertise.

With the cap for H-1B being reached, there are other alternatives through which you work in US, Read on to know more.

*Wish to work abroad? Y-Axis, the leading Work Abroad Consultant, is here to offer you guidance.

H-1B Visa Alternatives

Here are the alternative options to H-1B visa:

  1. L-1 Visa

Business organizations in the U.S. and having an associated entity overseas have the option to transfer executives, managers, and individuals with specialized knowledge to work in the American entity with the help of an L-1 visa.

To be eligible, the professional should have worked for the international organization for a minimum of one year in the past 3 years of employment.

  1. H-2B Visa

The professionals who are required in the U.S. for seasonal, temporary, or one-time employment should consider applying for the H-2B visa.

It is available for jobs that last less than one year.

Read More:

USCIS completes FY 2023 H-1B visa selection process

USCIS racing to issue 280,000 Green Cards before September 30, 2022

Three-year wait time for employer-sponsored green cards

  1. H-3 Visa

The H-3 visa facilitates international professionals to enter the U.S. and receive work-related training.

The employer should demonstrate that the training is not offered in the foreign national's native country and that the training will aid the international professional in pursuing a career beyond the U.S.

  1. J-1 Visa

The J-1 visa is a trainee visa aimed at those employees who do not meet the experience requirements but wish to gain knowledge on the potential employer's products or clients' products in the U.S.

  1. B-1 Visa

The B-1 visa is aimed at those circumstances where the international professional is required in the U.S. for discussions on projects, analysis, or other works which are recognized as a 'business activity', as long as the foreign national is not paid any monetary remuneration in the U.S.

  1. O-1 Visa

The O-1 visa is aimed at extraordinary people who excel in their field.

It can be used for entertainers, artists, athletes, researchers, scientists, and business people.

The federal agency will continue to register and process applications for other visas that are exempt from the cap. The visas listed above will facilitate international workers to work in the U.S.

Want to work abroad? Contact Y-Axis, the leading Work Abroad Consultant.

If you found this news article helpful, you may want to read…

New forms launched for US immigrant investor program


H1-B Visa Alternatives

Work in US


Y-Axis Services

Personalized Services

Get it on your mobile

Personalized Services

Get News alerts

Personalized Services

Contact Y-Axis

Latest Article

Popular Post

Trending Article

Trending article image

Posted On November 24 2023

UK immigration skyrockets: 672,000 migrants set a new record in 2023