Do you know about Portugal’s Golden Visa program? It’s a program that enables you to migrate to Portugal as an investor.
The Portugal Golden Visa program
It’s an immigration program for non-EU investors launched in 2012. The program helps you and your family (including dependent children) to get a residency permit if you can invest €500,000 in real estate in Portugal. There are other options for making investments under this program.
The Golden Visa can be renewed every 2 years. To be eligible for renewal, you have to spend at least 2 weeks in Portugal in those 2 years.
Latest changes to the Portugal Golden Visa Program
The latest changes announced will be applicable from January 1, 2022.
- Lisbon, Algarve, and Porto will be eliminated from the list of territories where you are eligible to buy houses and apartments.
- Minimum values for investment in investment funds will increase from €350,000 to €500,000.
- The capital transfer will be increased from €1 million to €1.5 million.
- Capital transfer for research activities will increase from €350,000 to €500,000.
- Those investors interested in incorporating a commercial company or reinforcing the share of a commercial company will have to make an investment of €500,000 in the place of €350,000. They will also have to create at least 5 jobs in Portugal.
Why is Portugal Golden Visa so popular?
- It requires you to spend just 7 days a year in Portugal to keep it valid.
- It offers you a range of investments that are relatively affordable.
- It helps you become a Portuguese citizen after 5 years of holding the visa.
- It enables you to have visa-free access to Schengen states.
- It comes with all goodies featured by Portugal as a country like being safe, affordable, and secure. The country also offers a high quality of life as well as an efficient healthcare and education system, great climate, and top-class infrastructure.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: