Here’s interesting information for those willing to work in Canada. This is about the economic scene of Canada with regards to employment as recorded in June 2021.
- There was some economic recovery in June 2021 though the gains in employment didn’t quite fill up the losses from the COVID-19 third wave.
- Statistic Canada found that employment in Canada went up to 231,000 in June 2021. This came after a cumulative loss of jobs that went to 275,000 in the months prior to it.
- In the weeks leading to the week between June 13, 2021, and June 19, 2021, Canada relaxed certain restrictions. In 8 provinces of Canada, many recreational activities, personal care services, and restaurants resumed operations.
- Even though there were restrictions, Ontario turned out to be one of the 4 Canadian provinces to register growth in employment in June 2021. The other provinces were Nova Scotia, Quebec, and British Columbia.
- The employment rate for immigrants residing in Canada for over 5 years came close to 57% in June 2021.
- Other more recent immigrants registered a higher rate of employment. It came to 68% in June 2021, which was a result of a fall in the population of this category of immigrants at work in Canada.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…