Are you intending to stay and work in Australia after you complete your professional studies? If yes, we will introduce you to the easiest visa pathway in Australia immigration for doing so. This visa pathway is the Subclass 491 visa.
Subclass 491 visa
This is a provincial visa meant for skilled workers wanting to live and work in Australia’s regional areas. This visa allows you to:
- live in Australia for 5 years
- be in a regional area of Australia designated for you where you can live, work, and study
- travel to and from Australia any number of times during the period when the visa is valid
- apply for an Australia PR visa after 3 years from the time of granting your visa
To be eligible, you must:
- have a job that’s on a skilled occupation list that’s relevant
- have a nomination to apply by the government agency of a state or territory, or a relative who is eligible must extend sponsorship to you
- have a skills assessment that’s suitable for the occupation
- satisfy the points test
- be invited to lodge an application
This visa does not come with being extendable. When you apply for the visa, you can add your family members too, including a dependent child.
The visa costs AUD 4,115 for the main applicant. Each family member added will incur an additional charge.
You can apply for this visa from within or outside Australia. The time taken to process the application for this visa will depend on factors like:
- whether you have submitted a complete application along with all supporting documents required
- how fast will you respond to any request for extra information
- how much time does it take to perform the necessary checks needed on the supporting information given
- how much time does it take to fetch extra information from external agencies (especially those related to character, health, and required info on national security)
How to apply
- Submit an EOI via SkillSelect.
- Collect all your documents that support the info and claims you made in the EOI and submit them.
- Apply for the visa online after receiving your invitation. Once invited, you have 60 days from the date of invitation to apply for the visa.
- Wait for the visa outcome.
- If the application was successful, the decision of approval will be communicated to you along with:
- The date your visa starts
- Your visa grant number
- Any visa conditions if applicable
- If the application failed as a result of refusal from Australian authorities, you will be informed:
- The reason for refusal
- Whether the decision can be submitted to a review
|Know your eligibility for Australia immigration. Use the Australia points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
- Canada immigration without a job offer in 2022 – The possibilities
- What you must know about working while you study in Germany in 2022
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
EOI – Expression of Interest