Since the COVID-19 curve has flattened with the fatalities coming down, Australia is planning to return to normal in a phased manner. Great vigilance and extreme care to avoid relapse at any point will be ensured throughout the implementation of this plan.
Australia has started with easing the restrictions. People are now allowed to get back to normal life with activities like going to shops, going to work, eating from an eatery, enjoying time at a park, and visiting family and friends.
A 3-step plan has been finalized by the National Cabinet of Australia. This plan will make sure that Australia will slowly and certainly become a COVID-free nation. The plan will work out with gradual easing of current restrictions. It will also be made sure that the COVIDSafe app is used by everyone in the country. It will keep them informed and safeguard them from any more infections.
The 3-step program that concerns Australia’s states and territories will be implemented with consideration to the specific conditions existing there. The step by step program will be implemented in this manner:
- At most, 5 visitors will be permitted to assemble at home. For businesses and public spaces, this will be 10.
- Take up the work from home (WFH) option after consulting with employers as much as possible.
- Cafes, shops, and restaurants will be opened.
- Community centers, libraries, playgrounds, and boot camps will be opened.
- Local and regional travel will be allowed.
- Not more than 20 people will be allowed to assemble at home, business, and public places.
- Take up the work from home (WFH) option after consulting with employers as much as possible. Gyms, cinemas, amusement parks, beauty shops, and galleries will be opened.
- Caravans or camping grounds will be allowed.
- Some interstate travel will commence.
- The size of the gatherings allowed will be increased to 100.
- People will resume going to their workplaces.
- Saunas, food courts, and nightclubs will be opened.
- All interstate travel will be permitted.
- Allowing travel of Pacific Island, cross-Tasman, and international students’ will be considered.
Each step is expected to bring the following economic changes in Australia:
- Step 1 will cause economic activity of $3.1 billion per month. 250,000 jobs will get the benefit of this step.
- Step 2 will cause economic activity of $3 billion per month. 275,000 jobs will get the benefit of this step.
- Step 3 will cause economic activity of $3.3 billion per month. 325,000 jobs will get the benefit of this step.
Immigration Australia is expected to take off in the third step. Visa and immigration services would work in full capacity.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…