WORK IN SWEDEN, GET SWEDEN WORK VISA
We would recommend working in Sweden for some very attractive reasons. With a Sweden work visa, you can set your career on a progressive path.
Now, let’s glance at some reasons to choose Sweden for jobs.
- In Sweden, there’s a high value assigned to innovation and hence there’s the presence of world-class international companies. Some of the names of internationally known companies are Ikea, Spotify, and Ericsson.
- The country is driven by globalization which is why though having a small domestic market, it has a potent export business which is also vital to the country. There’s high demand for international talent in Sweden that helps them in staying ahead of the competition on a global scale.
- Sweden’s labor markets feature central wage bargaining. Employers and trade unions ensure stability in the long term by healthy negotiations with each other. Hence there’s a peaceful coexistence between the parties that benefits the economy.
- Sweden has anti-discriminatory legislation. It ensures that every individual is treated equally regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, or functional disabilities.
- A lot of Swedish companies have a sustainable approach to business when it comes to business strategies and management on a daily basis. There’s enough done to reduce emissions, save the environment, safeguard human rights, fight corruption and promote equal career opportunities.
How do Australian nationals get Sweden work visa?
The first step is to apply for a work permit or a working holiday visa Sweden offers.
The working holiday visa is available for Australian citizens of 18 to 30 years of age. The validity of this visa is 1 year.
Work permit requirements
It’s necessary that you have got a job offer from an employer in Sweden to be eligible for a Sweden work permit. The job has to:
- be advertised in the EU/EEA for a minimum of 10 days
- offer terms of employment that match the terms set by collective agreements made by Sweden or match those terms that are customary within the industry or occupation
- pay at least SEK 13,000 before taxes as a monthly salary
It’s also necessary that you hold a valid passport in your home country.
Permits for members of the family
You being a non-EU citizen with eligibility to get a Sweden work permit, your common-law partner/registered partner/spouse, and children under the age of 21 (or financially dependent children above 21) can join you in Sweden. They have to file applications for residence permits. This can be done separately or as part of your application.
You can apply to extend your current Sweden work visa. If you do it before the expiry of the current one, you can continue working as you wait for the decision on your application.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.