Portugal Tourist Visa
Portugal is considered as the coolest country of Europe. It has a long history and people come here to visit the historical places. The country is popular for its hospitality. It has high-end hotels, restaurants, and shops. The capital city, Lisbon, has steep hills and trams of yellow color. The country is also popular for its serene and lush.
The location of Portugal is Southern Europe, and people need to have a tourist visa to visit the country. You need to apply for a short-term visa whose validity is 90 days. Another name for this short-term visa is the Schengen visa which is valid in all the European countries. With a Schengen visa, you can travel to and stay in Portugal and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for a Tourist Visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings, and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Portugal
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Portugal and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement for the last 6 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
Child (6-12 years)
How Y-Axis can help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
- Reach out to us and discover how we can help you with your Portugal Visit Visa application.
What is the best time to apply for a visa for Portugal?
If you want to migrate to Portugal, you need to apply for the visa one or two months back before your travel. If there is less time, your visa can be processed at a fast speed after taking permission from the embassy.
What language is spoken in Portugal?
The national language of Portugal is Portuguese. People also speak English, French, and Spanish.
What is the currency of Portugal?
The main currency of Portugal is Euro. The credit cards used in the country are Visa and Master card.
Will I get the opportunity to visit other countries while having a Portugal tourist visa?
If you get a Portugal tourist visa, you will get the opportunity to visit all the countries in the Schengen area. It is so because Portugal is a part of Schengen in which 26 countries are added within an agreement.
What is the processing time of Portugal tourist visa application?
The processing time of Portugal tourist visa application is 15 calendar days. It may take longer if the requirements are not proper or if the application is received in the holiday season.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.