Ireland Tourist Visa
Ireland is popular for various things like culture, sporting opportunities, festivals, dancing, and many other things. Tourists can also enjoy road trips to various places in the country. Another reason to visit the country is the food. Irish cuisine is popular for various dishes like stew, potato dumplings, soda bread, farmhouse cheese, and many more things. You need to apply for a tourist visa to visit Ireland as it is not the part of Schengen zone.
In order to visit the country, you should apply for a short-stay visa. This is also known as the ‘C’ visa. It is advisable to apply for this visa 3 months before your scheduled date of travel. This visa is valid for a maximum period of 90 days.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE VISA APPLICATION:
- Passport with at least six-month validity
- A letter explaining the reasons on why you wish to visit Ireland
- A detailed plan describing what you intend to do during your visit
- Printed reservation confirmation on where you will be staying (hotels, guesthouses etc.)
- Proof of having travel and medical insurance
- Proof of having paid the visa application fees
- Evidence that you will return to your country after your visit. To prove this, you need to provide evidence of your employment and family commitments in your home country.
- Proof that you have enough finances to support yourself during your period of stay. This will include bank statements of the last six months.
TRAVEL TO IRELAND ON A UK VISA
You will be able to travel to Ireland on the UK short-stay visitor visa and if you are a citizen of an approved country.
Travel between Ireland and the UK
There is a facility to visit Ireland and the UK on a single visa that is issued by either of these countries if you are an Australian citizen. With this visa you can:
Visit the UK on an Irish tourist visa without having a separate UK tourist visa
Visit Ireland on the UK short-stay visa without making a separate application
Travel an unlimited number of times between the two countries during the validity of the visa
COST OF THE VISA
- Short Stay ‘C’ Visa-€80
- Multiple Entry Visa-€100
Transit visa €25
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the best time to apply for Ireland tourist visa?
It is better that you should apply for an Ireland tourist visa one or two months before the travel. If the time is short, your visa processing can be done early.
What are the requirements for visa exempt for Australian citizens?
The requirements for visa exempt are as follows:
- Passport validity should be at least six months, and it should have two blank pages.
- Sufficient funds should be available to meet the expenses.
- Proof of purpose of the trip should be available.
- Requirements for the next destination should be available.
- Visa for the next country should be available.
- Confirmation with the airline should be done in case boarding without a visa has to be done.
Can I extend my tourist visa if I want to live for more than three months?
Tourist visa to Ireland cannot be extended. You will have to leave the country before the date mentioned on the visa.
What are the types of Ireland tourist visas?
There are two types of Ireland tourist visas.
- Ireland Single-Entry Tourist Visa
This visa will allow you to migrate to Ireland only once. If you leave the country, you cannot come again even if days are remaining on your visa.
- Ireland Multiple-Entry Visa
This is a visa which will allow you to enter and leave the country as many times as you want. This visa is provided only in specific cases.
The validity of both types of visas is three months.
How to apply for an Ireland tourist visa?
Here are the steps to apply for an Ireland tourist visa.
- The online form should be filled out.
- The place should be found where the application is to be submitted.
- All requirements have to be collected.
- The required fee has to be paid.
- Biometrics has to be submitted.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.