Ireland Tourist Visa
Ireland is known for its castles, churches and museums. The country has the largest green space in Europe and the longest coastal touring route in the world. Apart from this, you can explore the mountains, lush valleys or indulge in water-based sports when you visit the country.
Ireland is not part of the Schengen agreement. So, you cannot travel to Ireland on a Schengen visa but will have to apply for a separate tourist visa.
In order to visit the country, you should apply for a short-stay visa. This is also known as the ‘C’ visa. It is advisable to apply for this visa 3 months before you scheduled date of travel. This visa is valid for a maximum period of 90 days
Documents required for the visa application:
- Passport with at least six months validity
- A letter explaining the reasons on why you wish to visit Ireland
- A detailed plan describing what you intend to do during your visit
- Printed reservation confirmation on where you will be staying (hotels, guesthouses etc.)
- Proof of having travel and medical insurance
- Proof of having paid the visa application fees
- Evidence that you will return to your country after your visit. To prove this, you need to provide evidence of your employment and family commitments in your home country
- Proof that you have enough finances to support yourself during your period of stay. This will include bank statements of the last six months
Travel to Ireland on a UK visa
You will be able to travel to Ireland on the UK short stay visitor visa and if you are a citizen of an approved country.
Travel between Ireland and the UK
There is a facility to visit Ireland and the UK on a single visa that is issued by either of these countries if you are an Indian citizen. With this visa you can:
Visit the UK on an Irish tourist visa without having a separate UK tourist visa
Visit Ireland on the UK short stay visa without making a separate application
Travel an unlimited number of times between the two countries during the validity of the visa
Cost of the visa
- Short Stay ‘C’ Visa- €60
- Multiple Entry Visa -€100
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
How much will it cost to get a visit visa for Ireland?
Currently, a visit visa for Ireland from India would cost as follows –
- Current single entry visa fee: INR 5,100
- Current multiple entry visa fee: INR 8,500
- Current transit visa fee: INR 2,125
What is the processing time for visit visa for Ireland?
The processing time for a visit visa for Ireland from India is around 10 working days.
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received at this Visa Office. If you need a visa from another country as part of your travel, please give enough time for all of your applications to be processed before you leave.
Please make sure your application is fully filled out and sent well in advance for a decision to be made before your trip.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.