CHOOSE GERMANY IMMIGRATION, BECOME A GERMAN PERMANENT RESIDENT
If you want to move to Germany, you have to proceed with Germany immigration.
To immigrate to Germany, you must apply for permanent residence in Germany. This could be the first step towards becoming a German citizen too!
You need to know about the visas Germany offers foreigners that can make you a permanent resident.
EU and non-EU nationals may apply for a German permanent residence. Non-EU nationals can apply for permanent residence permits once they have completed living in Germany for at least 5 years continuously.
However, EU nationals have no such stringent requirements to meet. EU nationals can apply for Germany immigration to become permanent residents if they have the intention to live in Germany for over 90 days/3 months.
Non-EU nationals can do Germany immigration and become permanent residents by utilizing the Golden Visa Scheme.
German Permanent Residence Permit
German Permanent Residence Permit is a type of German Residence Permit the other one being German Temporary Residence Permit. When you are a non-EU citizen, when you first arrive in Germany, you must have a German Temporary Residence Permit.
No matter what your nationality is you must live for a minimum of 5 years in Germany to apply for permanent residence in the country.
Among other individuals who can get a German Residence Permit are:
- the spouse of the applicant
- the minor children of the applicant
- the parents of the applicant
- children aged over 18, able to support themselves
So, if you are the main applicant, you can practically bring your family along with you to Germany.
How to get a German Permanent Residence Permit
- You must live in Germany for at least 5 years.
- You must prove that you earn enough money to support yourself.
- You must have a clean criminal history.
- You must speak the German language fluently.
- You must know the customs of Germany.
You can get a German Permanent Residence Permit on the basis of:
- a work permit that allows you to live and work in Germany before you apply for permanent residency
- an investment in a particular domain of interest that the German government acknowledges
- a residence permit for entrepreneurs which permits foreign citizens to run their own businesses in Germany
- a self-employment visa which permits the foreign national to act as a sole trader in Germany
Documents needed to apply for permanent residence in Germany
- proof that you have lived in Germany for 5 years (temporary residence permit)
- proof of a legal address you have in Germany (recent utility bill or a rental contract)
- the criminal record and the application form issued by the authorities in Germany.
- the registration certificate issued by the local police force upon entering Germany
- proof of means of sustaining oneself (viz. tax returns, a rental contract, or payslips issued by the employer)
Who can’t apply for German permanent residence
- International students arriving in Germany on a student visa
- Foreign citizens who are in Germany for scientific purposes or for vocational training.
- Asylum seekers who are seeking to obtain recognition as refugees and haven’t yet clarified their status.
- Those who come to Germany for humanitarian reasons.
Start-up visa for German permanent residence
- It was launched in 2012.
- It allows non-EU citizens to start companies in Germany and move into the country.
- You will have to invest a minimum of €50,000.
- The company started in Germany must operate in innovation. Germany encourages investments in R&D.
- This visa can be obtained by submitting a business plan with the Evaluation Committee or by accessing it via a business incubator.
- The Start-up visa leads to a German Permanent Residence.
- Apply for the visa directly in English or in German.
Documents needed to apply for a Start-up visa
- an application form
- a cover letter that provides for the funds meant to be invested in the project
- the “No Impediment” certificate
What’s the Golden Visa scheme?
- The golden visa is meant for foreign business people who want to do Germany immigration and obtain permanent residence in Germany.
- Here are the requirements to apply for a Golden Visa:
- a minimum of €500,000 has to be invested in a start-up business
- investment in real estate is also accepted, where the property’s value is €300,000 to €500,000
- €1 million as an investment if it’s made as a philanthropic donation
- applicant’s minimum annual income of at least €100,000
Advantages of Germany immigration and getting a German permanent residence
- The holders of German permanent residence permits have rights similar to those of German citizens.
- You get the right to travel freely to all countries in the EU and Schengen area.
- Foreign nationals applying for European long-term residence permits will be granted permanent residency automatically
- You will get access to a market that allows a foreigner to work or even start his/her own business
- You can get a permanent residence in Germany after 5 years, which is a feature provided by a few European countries
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.