Sweden Dependant visa
If you are in Sweden and have a residence card, you can bring your family to the country if you have the right of residence by working, studying, being self-employed in Sweden.
Your family does not need to apply for residence cards if they have a residence permit or apply for one within three months of arriving in Sweden.
The following family members can come to Sweden:
- Spouse or registered partner
- Your children below 21 years of age
- Children who are above 21 but are not financially independent
- Your parents or parents of your spouse, if they are financially dependent on you
- Other family members who are dependent on you
Family members must meet the following requirements for dependent visa
They must be in possession of valid passports.
They must be able to establish that you are a family by working, self-employed, studying, or having adequate means to meet the conditions for right of residence in Sweden.
- Copies of the pages in your passport with your personal details, the validity of the passport and residence permit of other countries if any
- Copy of your marriage certificate or the equivalent
- If you are not applying for a permit at the same time, a short letter from the person in Sweden confirming that you will live together in Sweden.
- Birth certificate of your children.
A visa application takes roughly 15 days to process. Normally, the embassy keeps your passport while it is being processed. A visa sticker will be applied to the passport after the decision has been made.
Is it possible for me to bring my family to Sweden on a student visa?
International students who wish to study in Sweden and wish to obtain a study visa with their families will find that Sweden is the only country that permits family settlement on a study visa. Unmarried children under the age of 21 are allowed to live with their families, spouses, or children in Sweden.
Can dependents work in Sweden?
They are free to work in Sweden with few limitations.
Dependent permit holders, on the other hand, are reliant on the individual who holds the work permit. Dependent permit holders must apply for a work permit for themselves if their work permit expires or is cancelled. Otherwise, when the work permit holder obtains permanent residency, the dependent permit holder is usually allowed to do the same.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.