Australia Child Visa

Down Arrow
Down Arrow
Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Team Y-Axis
Don't know what to do ?.

Get Free Counseling

Australia Child Visa (Subclass 101/102/802/445)

To live abroad without your complete family can be quite challenging and lonesome; more so when children are the absent parties. Children born in Australia receive Australian citizenship automatically when at least one parent is either an Australian citizen or holds an Australian PR.

However, children born outside Australia must:

  • Obtain a permanent visa if neither parent is an Australian citizen
  • Apply for Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen

Child Visa in Australia is divided in to 4 subclasses:

  • Child Visa 101
  • Child Visa 102
  • Child Visa 802
  • Child Visa 445

An Eligible parent is:

  • An Australian citizen
  • The holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen.

Child Visa 101:-

This visa is suitable is granted to the eligible parents’ biological child who is out of Australia. With this visa, the child can come to Australia and live with its parents.​​​ The parents can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age. It is important to remember that this visa application must be made outside Australia and the child too must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

Child Visa 102:-

This visa is granted to the eligible parents’ adopted child who is out of Australia. With this visa the child can come to Australia and stay with the adoptive parents. The parents can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age. It is important to remember that this visa application must be made outside Australia. The child must already be adopted or in the process of being adopted. Also, the adoptive parent or prospective adoptive parent must prove their position to sponsor the child.

Child Visa 802:-

This visa is granted to the eligible parents’ child who is in Australia to continue staying in Australia. The eligible parents can sponsor the child for as long as they want. The parents can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age. They will need to prove their ability to sponsor the child. It is important to note that the must be residing in Australia at the time of application.

Child Visa 445:-

This visa is a temporary visa and it is granted in order that the child may travel to and from Australia until the eligible parents permanent Partner visa is finalized. After a temporary Partner visa has been granted to the parent, they can add the child to their permanent Partner visa application. The child needs to be younger than 18 years of age. If the child is more than 18, then they must financially dependent on the parent with the Partner Visa or prove to be incapable to work due to challenging mental or physical problems.

Program Details

  • After an in-depth discussion with you about the particulars of your case, we will assign a Process Executive in India who will be your link to Australia.
  • Our office in Melbourne will assign a Registered Migration Agent (RMA) to you. The RMA will study your case details and commence the application process after verifying your details.
  • You will receive timely status updates from the RMA.
  • We will counsel you on the necessary documents requirements and suggest alternatives when needed.
  • We will represent your application to the concerned Australian immigration and other authorities.
  • Full counsel on health and character requirements will be provided by our years of experience in this field.


With Child Visa subclasses 101/102/802/445, the child can reap following benefits:

  • Use free will to travel to and from Australia indefinitely keeping disturbances to family life at minimum.
  • Earn the right to study and consequently study in Australia.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship when eligible.
  • Sponsor for eligible relatives to Australia for permanent residence.


The child’s relationship with the sponsor must fall in either one of the two following categories:

The child is:

  • The biological child or adopted child of the eligible parent.
  • An under-18 step child of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.

In case of an adopted child, the adoption process ought to be completed before their parent became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Children younger than 18 years of age:

  • Cannot have a spouse or de facto partner.
  • Cannot be engaged to be married.

Children between 18 and 25 years of age:

A child between 18 and 25 years of age who does not have a disability that prevents them from working must:

  • Never have had, and not now have, a spouse or de facto partner.
  • Not be engaged to be married.
  • Not be in full-time work.
  • Be a full-time student.

To be a full-time student, the child must:

  • Be currently enrolled and participating in a full-time course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification.
  • Have started that course since turning 18 years of age or within six months or a reasonable time after finishing school.

The child must be a full-time student when they apply for this visa. Any gaps of more than six months between the final year of school and tertiary studies must be explained.

Children with a disability aged 18 or older:

A child with a disability is eligible for this visa if they:

  • Are not engaged, married or have a de facto partner.
  • Are not in full-time work.
  • Are dependent on the sponsoring parent.

Disability means that the child has total or partial loss of their bodily or mental functions, and they are unable to work because of it.

To be dependent they must be reliant on the sponsoring parent for financial support because they are not able to work because of their disability.

Parental responsibility:

This visa can be granted only if you can show one of the following for a child younger than 18 years of age:

  • you have the written consent of each person who can legally decide where the child lives
  • The laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child
  • It is consistent with any Australian child order.

The documents checklist lists you the documents you must provide with your application to support this claim.

Best interests of the child:

This visa will not usually be granted if it is against the best interests of a child younger than 18 years of age.

Measures for the Protection of Children has more information.

Assurance of support:

We might ask for an assurance of support for the child so that welfare costs for some migrants are not borne by the Australian community.

Do not provide an assurance of support unless we ask for one and tell you what you need to do.

Health requirements:

The child must meet certain health requirements. The results are usually valid for 12 months. This also applies to any dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.

Character requirements:

A child older than 16 years of age must meet certain character requirements. They must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country they have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after they turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.

This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.

Debts to the Australian Government:

The child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.

Y-Axis Process

Our deliverable if registered for an Australia visa process:

  • You will be assigned a Registered migration agent soon from our office in Melbourne Australia who shall initiate your application process, after your details are checked by our agent and receiving a signed service agreement.
  • You will also be assigned a Process executive from India, who will be assisting your Registered migration agent to co-ordinate with you and providing required assistance on the application documentation and related queries with RMA’s consent and approval.
  • Advise on the complete process stage-wise by RMA.
  • Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives.
  • Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary.
  • Representing your file and submission of your application with the concerned Australian assessing authorities (where applicable) and immigration department.
  • Advise on health and character requirements.

Y-Axis Immigration Department

  • We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
  • Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
  • Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
  • Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
  • They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
  • There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.

10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis

  1. We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have
    franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
  2. We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
  3. You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases
    similar to yours.
  4. We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through
    our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
  5. We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum
    and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
  6. We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
  7. We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
  8. We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
  9. We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
  10. We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.

For more details please Contact Us.



Sign up for a free expert consultation

Down Arrow
Down Arrow
Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Team Y-Axis
Don't know what to do ?.

Get Free Counseling