Switzerland Y-Axis

Migrate to Switzerland

Sign up for a free expert consultation

Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Team Y-Axis
Don't know what to do?

Get Free Counseling

Eligibility criteria to immigrate Switzerland?

While each program to migrate to Switzerland has different criteria, there are a few things in common. Switzerland immigration officials will typically assess migration applications based on:

Educational Profile

Professional Profile


Language skills

References & legal documentation

Employment documentation

Build a New Life in Switzerland

Switzerland is one of the world’s leading destinations for migrate overseas.

Cosmopolitan to the core, along with a high quality of life and stable economy make Switzerland one of the best countries to live in.

With a high demand for migrants, Switzerland has opened its doors to individuals with the right skills and talent to give the country a distinctive edge on the global platform.



Build a new life

Work Opportunity

The Switzerland government is encouraging immigrants to come and settle in the country to meet this shortage. In fact, the country wants nearly 1 million immigrants in this year and the next so that foreign workers can meet the skill shortage.

Study Opportunity

Studying abroad can help your career open up to multiple possibilities. Employers increasingly prioritize graduates who have foreign experience and education in today’s globalized society.


Invest Opportunity

Many countries offer an Investment or Business Visa to encourage immigrants who have proven experience in running a business and are interested in establishing a business overseas or invest in another country.


Migrating to Switzerland: End-to-End Switzerland Migration Support

Switzerland is a Popular Place to Immigrate to Because of its Great Quality of Life, Job Prospects, Education, Superior Healthcare, and Even its Beautiful Scenery.

However, depending on your country, the policies and criteria for immigration in Switzerland vary.

Migrating to Switzerland

There are no restrictions on EU/EEA country citizens to enter Switzerland. However, for non-EU/EEA citizens there are various visa categories. They should choose the appropriate visa category based on their purpose to come to the country. The types of visas are:

Short-term Swiss visas — these are visas that allow you to stay in Switzerland for up to 90 days for reasons such as tourism or business.

Non-Immigrant visas — they are longer-term temporary visas for purposes such as studying or working, with the holder intending to leave the country after a set amount of time.

Immigrant visas– These are long-term visas for people who desire to stay in Switzerland for a long time or permanently. 

Short Stay Visa

The holder of this visa is allowed to stay in Switzerland for up to 90 days in a six-month period. The 90-day period begins on the date of admission. Even if the visa is valid for a year, the person may not stay in the nation for more than 90 days at a time. The person can also travel to other Schengen countries with this visa.

Non-Immigrant Visa

You must apply for a temporary residence permit if you intend to stay in Switzerland for more than three months but do not intend to settle. The following are the two Swiss temporary residence permits:

  • L Permit — a biometric card that allows you to stay for a brief period of time. It is non-renewable and only lasts a year. This permit is usually tied to a specific job or study contract that lasts no more than a year.
  • B permit – the first temporary residency permission, which is issued in the form of a biometric card. It normally lasts between 1 and 5 years, with the option of renewal. They are frequently tied to a longer-term job or study contract and require the bearer to stay in the canton to which the application was submitted. The number of B licenses given by the Swiss government is limited each year.
Immigrant Visas

If you intend to relocate to Switzerland or stay for an extended period of time, you must apply for a category D national visa in the same way as you would for a non-immigrant visa.

Switzerland does not usually provide permanent visas or permits to anyone who has not lived in the country for at least five to ten years.

If you are staying for a long period of time for employment, business, or a family reunion, you will most likely need to obtain a temporary “B” residence permit until you complete the settlement requirements.

The following are the general requirements for permanent settlement or full Swiss citizenship, which vary by canton:

  • Integration into Swiss culture
  • Capacity to speak and write the national language
  • Clean criminal record
  • Adequate funds to support yourself

Our Accreditations

Our Accredatitations CICC Migration Agents
Code of Conduct Code Of Professional Conduct

Proud Sponsor Of

APFA Australian Paramedics

Looking For Inspiration

Explore what Global Citizens have to say about Y-Axis in shaping their future

Canada Express Entry Program


Canada Express Entry Program

Aniket was very happy with the services


UK Dependent Visa


UK Dependent Visa

Y-Axis is the best immigration consultan


Australia Skill Stream Visa

Aman Maan

Australia Skill Stream Visa

Aman Maan, Australia Skill Stream Visa.


Frequently Asked Questions

Does Switzerland offer a retirement visa?