The West Kootenay region includes the towns of Rossland, Castlegar, Nelson, and trail.
Now, through the Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP), this region has launched its application process for candidates who work in Canada and employers.
Aligning with Canada immigration at the federal level, the British Columbia region, including West Kootenay, focuses on language skills rather than community criteria. Intention to live in the region and wages offered are among other criteria.
An extensive points grid is also published by West Kootenay. It gives the applicants a score of up to 100. The top scorers get chosen for nomination.
For principal candidates and their common partner or spouse include:
- Time spent in West Kootenay
- Family connections
- Job offers
- West Kootenay work experience
- Driver’s license
- Language ability
Through the RNIP, the region will strengthen its local economy and facilitate effectively towards the development of the workforce.
West Kootenay is among the 9 communities that have launched their RNIP application processes.
RNIP Employer Criteria in West Kootenay
To be eligible in West Kootenay in West Kootenay RNIP, the employee must:
- Attest to efforts put in to recruit a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident.
- Be based in West Kootenay, being eligible to give job offers that are genuine.
- Not be violating the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) and/or employment standards of the province.
- Have operated in the West Kootenays for at least 2 years or have made a business investment of a minimum of $200,000 in the West Kootenay region.
- Offer wage the offer of employment that meets or exceeds $22/hour and must be above or within the range of wages for the occupation. Candidates who are working and/or residing in the West Kootenay region right now since the last 6 months will be exempt from this. But their wage/job offer must offer a pay between $17/hour and $21.99/hour.
- Not request or accept any kind of payment in exchange for giving a job offer.
RNIP Community Candidate Criteria for West Kootenay
To be eligible in West Kootenay in West Kootenay RNIP, the candidate must:
- Have completed a Candidate profile on the West Kootenay website.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 or higher, in French or English.
- Intend to live in West Kootenay.
- Meet the federal eligibility criteria.
- Have a wage offered that is or exceeds $22/hour and must be above or within the range of wages for that occupation. Candidates who are currently working, studying, and/or residing for a minimum of 6 months till now in the community will be exempt from this wage requirement. This will be so if their wage/job offer is between $17/hour and $21.99/hour.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…