There’s help coming from the Australian Red Cross in cash payments for visa holders facing hardships due to COVID-19. These visa-holders include:
- International students
- Temporary visa holders
- Visitor visa holders currently in Victoria
The beneficiaries must meet the following conditions to be eligible for the assistance:
- They must reside in Victoria
- They are unable to access International Student Emergency Relief fund or Commonwealth income support (including JobKeeper and JobSeeker payments)
- They have no to very limited income, community support, or savings
- They are temporary or provisional visa holders or undocumented migrants
The payments given will cover the basic needs. This includes medicine, food, and bills. Financial assistance of $400 may be made available to a single person. The amount paid to families would be even more.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…