Victoria will open its nomination program for the Subclass 491 Visa (Skilled Work Regional (Provisional)) from 9 am on 18th November 2019.
The Subclass 491 Visa of Australia is a points-tested visa which allows the visa holder and their families to live and work in the regional areas for up to five years. This visa is aimed at people who are open to settling in the regional areas of Australia and those who have skills that are high in demand in the country.
You must meet the eligibility requirements for the Subclass 491 Visa before you submit an application to Victoria.
The eligibility requirements are:
- Age: You must be under 45
- English proficiency: You should have Competent English proficiency. You have to demonstrate your English language skills by scoring a 6 on each band on IELTS or an equivalent score on either PTE, TOEFL or CAE
- Occupation: Your nominated occupation should be listed on the Skilled Occupation Lists of Australia.
- Proof of funds: You should have sufficient funds for yourself and your family. Onshore applicants need to show at least AUD 20,000 while offshore applicants need to show AUD 30,000. For including family in your visa application, you will need to show funds for your family too.
- An offer of employment: Applicants for Victorian nomination should have an offer of employment from a designated regional area in Victoria
- Genuine intention: You and your family must prove that you genuinely want to live, work or study in a designated regional area
- Skill Assessment: You should have a positive skill assessment report from a relevant authority while applying for a state nomination from Victoria
There is no application fee for applying for a state nomination from Victoria.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including Australia General Skilled Migration Program via RMA, Australia Skilled Regional Visa, Australia Temporary Skilled Work Visa, and Australia Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…