Canada is offering many job opportunities for foreign workers through economic immigration. According to Robert Kavcic, employment in Canada rose to 240,000 from September to December in 2021. The jobs in Canada rose from 1 percent to 4.8 percent compared to 2020.
*Need assistance to migrate to Canada along with a job offer? Y-Axis is here to assist and guide you in all the required steps.
- Job opportunities rose to 4.8 percent after the pandemic
- Seven cities of Ontario have better job opportunities
During the last quarter of 2021, the cities where job recovery can be seen are listed here.
The latest report from BMO says that job vacancies in Canada in the first week of December were 896,100, which was more than November. In September, job vacancies were at peak as the number was 988,300. Compared to December 2020, job vacancies rose to 87.9 percent in December 2021.
*Check your eligibility to Canada through Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
New paths for employers to hire foreign employees
An employer can hire foreign workers through TFWP and IMP programs. The jobs may or may not be LMIA exempt. LMIA document is issued by Employment and Social Development Canada, which is mentioned that a foreign worker is needed for a job and no worker in Canada, whether citizen or permanent resident, is fit for the position.
Jobs that are LMIA exempt are as follows:
- Jobs available in the list of international trade records
- Jobs that are part of accord between the territorial or provincial government and federal government
- Jobs that seem to be in the interest of Canada
In order to determine whether jobs fall under LMIA exemption, employers can do any of these two things.
- Check work permit exemptions and LMIA exemption codes.
- Contact the International Mobility Workers Unit in case hiring of temporary workers is going on and the job prospects live outside Canada.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …