The Government of Australia had announced on April 18, 2017 that the Subclass Skilled 457 Visas will be eliminated. These will be replaced with the new Australia TSS Visa from this month i.e. March 2018. Below is the timeline of how this transition was scheduled:
April 2017: The occupation lists were significantly condensed that were utilized for skilled immigration visas that include the 457 visas as well.
January 2018: Additional reforms were made effective to the lists of occupations utilized for skilled immigration vias inclusive of Subclass 457 and 407 visas.
March 2018: The Australia TSS Visas have been launched that have new requirements. These are the following new requirements that include but not restricted to:
- Visa applicants must possess minimum 2 years of work experience in their respective skilled jobs
- Compulsory testing for labor market excluding international trade obligations
- Possibilityof just 1 onshore visa renewal through the stream for Short-term
- Optionof onshore visa renewal and Australia PR eligibility after 3 years under the stream Medium-Term
- A non-partisan workforce assessment to ensure that employers do not discriminate against local workers
- The changes for permanent skilled visas sponsored by employers are as below but not limited to:
- Stringent requirements for Englishlanguage
- Applicants to possess at least 3 years of work experience
- They must be below 45 years of age excluding cases of exemptions, as quoted by the Home Affairs Gov AU
- Employers must offer salary on par with rates in the Australian market and satisfy the Threshold for Provisional Skilled Immigration Income
Y-Axis Australia team includes process consultants and RMAs who facilitate applicant immigrants with issues related to immigration and visas. Our team works in collaboration with India’s National Processing Center in Hyderabad to offer services to the clients.
The services offered by Y-Axis Melbourne include assistance and legal advice for immigration by Registered Migration Agents, Job Search Service, and Visa Assistance.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.