Are you looking to improve your career with professional education from Germany? Have you made up your mind to study in Germany? Then you will need to know about Germany study visa.
Being a foreigner trying to pursue studies in Germany, you could be any one of the following:
- You are expecting the German university’s response on your application lodged in the university.
- You already got the letter of acceptance from a German university.
- You have to enroll in a foundation course prior to applying to a German university.
- You have to take a foundation course for the purpose of taking the “Feststellungsprüfung” test for assessment of your qualifications.
- You need to complete a doctoral degree.
- You are wanting to get into a research project in Germany.
As is your case, you will have to apply for the right Germany study visa at the German consulate or embassy. If your stay in Germany extends more than 90 days, you will need to obtain a Residence Permit once you arrive in Germany.
Types of Germany study visa
- Language Course Visa: This is the visa taken for learning a language. The learning activities will last for 3 months to 1 year with you taking part in short courses to learn the German language.
- Student Applicant Visa: This is the visa chosen in case you desire to study in Germany, but still haven’t found the right program or you still haven’t received the University’s confirmation letter.
- Student Visa: This visa is for you if you have already been accepted to join a German university.
Steps you must take to apply for a Germany study visa
- Set up a visa appointment to apply for the Germany Study visa, at the German consulate or embassy in your country.
- Attend the interview. Submit the required documents to the visa officer during the interview. Original documents will be asked for at the airport when you reach Germany.
- You must then register at the Resident’s Registration Office if you are going to stay in Germany for more than 2 months. You must get the Confirmation on Registration. If you are going to stay for more than 90 days in Germany, (3 months) you must apply for and obtain a proper residence permit in Germany.
- Pay the student visa application fee of €75 via bank transfer.
- It will take 6 to 12 weeks from the date of application for a Germany study visa intended for a long stay. For a short-stay Germany study visa, the decision on application usually arrives within 15 to 30 days.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Germany, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: